Secretary - Student Affairs
Gaston College is seeking to fill the following position: Secretary - Student Affairs
Provide secretarial assistance to the Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs Department and other Student Affairs departments as needed, and assist students in those respective areas. Must be detail oriented, have great organizational skills, possess ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work well under pressure, and provide excellent customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet and assist students by answering questions and referring students to appropriate resources.
- Receive and process financial aid applications in accordance with federal, state, and College policies and guidelines.
- Assist students in completing admissions, registration, orientation, testing, and financial aid steps and handle other matters in a confidential and customer service-oriented manner.
- Assist directors and specialists with a variety of duties including, but not limited to, enrollment status, student file completion and verification, office and phone coverage, and student volume management.
- Assist with events such as Open House, registration, financial aid presentations, and graduation.
- Produce a variety of institutional documents (letters, reports, student publications, and flyers, etc.).
- Input and maintain student files and records using College information systems.
- Order and maintain office supplies, process requisitions and payment of bills, and process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Stay informed of departmental and College procedures.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as assigned by the immediate supervisor or the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- Evening and weekend work hours will vary depending on College needs, registration, and special events.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED/HSE required.
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated competencies through internal testing required.
- Two years’ clerical experience or associate degree in office systems technology, office administration, secretarial science, or related field required.