Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act (WIOA) Youth CoordinatorGaston College
Under the supervision of the Director of Life Skills, plan, market, implement, and coordinate the college's WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act) Youth Program. Recruit, train, and supervise part-time personnel. Take responsibility for all documentation required for compliance with state and federal regulations and exercise judgment in applying established policies and procedures. MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in career counseling, education, social work, human services, or a related field required; Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred. MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS: Three years of supervisory experience in higher education or a relevant area required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of the program including participating in development of policies and procedures.
- Promote the program internally and externally.
- Recruit, train, schedule, and supervise full-time and part-time personnel at the Youth Works Center and the NC Works Career Center. Prepare all documentation required for compliance with College, state, and federal regulations.
- Represent the College in the community and serve on assigned committees.
- Monitor policies as they relate to the program including monitoring and reviewing contracts, time sheets, and ensuring compliance with the College's requirements.
- Coordinate case management of students enrolled in the Youth Program to include maintaining appropriate records documenting student achievement and progress, maintaining records of student assessments, instructor progress reports, and other information relevant to WIOA Performance Measures.
- Coordinator monthly leadership development seminars and community service projects for WIOA Youth participants.
- Coordinate and monitor paid and unpaid work experiences, occupational skills training, supportive services, and adult mentoring for WIOA Youth participants.
- Coordinate appropriate training and ongoing staff development for personnel consistent with research findings and practices in the field of education.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain interagency partnerships within the community. Serve on external agency planning committees, and assist external agencies with meeting their educational requirements.
- Serve as liaison between Gaston College faculty and staff and the Workforce Development Board staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Life Skills.