Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act (WIOA) Youth SpecialistGaston College
Under the supervision of the Youth Program Coordinator, provides career counseling, intensive job readiness, job search, and placement assistance, case management, and training/re-training and follow-up services to WIOA eligible youth. MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in career counseling, education, social work, human services, or a related field required; Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred. MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS: Two years' work experience in higher education, counseling, case management, social work, or related field required; Experience with federal youth programs preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts outreach and recruitment of youth customers.
- Conducts and maintains contacts with community organizations for the purpose of outreach, recruitment, and positive public relations.
- Orients customers to the services and eligibility requirements of the WIOA program in both group settings and individually.
- Determines eligibility and assists youth with enrollment into program services.
- Assists customers with their career planning and career decision-making process.
- Assesses customers' employment and training needs.
- Assists customers in identifying and addressing barriers to employment, and refers to services within the one-stop system as appropriate, or to community resources as necessary.
- Provides case management services to youth working to obtain a GED, HSE, or AHS diploma.
- Refers youth to other appropriate Youth Service Providers in the region for additional assistance.
- Provides job development and appropriate job referrals to WIOA youth customers.
- Conducts follow-up services with customers regarding their job search.
- Monitoring of youth services will include, but will not be limited to, eligibility determinations, documentation to support selective service registrations, citizenship, veteran's status, household size, and other demographic required documentation.
- Monitors youth performance outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.