Hardwood Floor Sander/FinisherGrimes Floor Service
Hardwood floor company seeks someone with some level of experience in both installing and Sand/Finishing Hardwood floors. May consider training a motivated individual who is reliable, teachable and does not mind working. Valid driver's license and reliable transportation a must.
Floor Sander & Finisher
Job Summary: Responsible for using machinery to cut floors down level and smooth with no marks and imperfections. Use of proper abrasive for the difficulty of finish being removed and for the type of Stain and finish to be applied.
- Sweep floors and prepare for Sanding
- Move furniture IF needed.
- Put up plastic in doorways and shut doors to areas not being done. Attached plastic in a manner without damaging any paint, walls or trim.
- Able to use large belt sander (Clarke, Galaxy, etc) 8".
- Able to use Clarke B-2 Edger
- Familiar with using a hand scraper for stair tread ends, around door casing and corners of floor not able to be leveled with the edger.
- Ability to run a 16" buffer for screening floor and for between coat abrasion.
- Ability to use Hook N Loop sander to remove any left imperfections and swirls from edger.
- Ability to Vac the floor and Tack to remove all dust to prepare surface for Stain and/or Finish..
- Familiar with application of stain without getting stain on the trim, cabinets and walls.
- Ability to cut in finish with 6" brush and apply finish to middle areas with a 12" Lambs Wool mop.
- Familiar with use of Polyurethane and Water Base Urethane finishes.
- Proper cleaning of work area after heavy sanding is done and during coating process.
- Locate All tools and equipment and put back in work truck.
Flooring Installer Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up proper tools and equipment for the job to be performed.
- Any necessary preparation of sub floor surface for the installation
- Cut off to proper height any door trim and casing that is in existing home for the flooring to be properly installed underneath.
- Properly lay out flooring, safely make needed cuts with precision.
- Fasten flooring with proper tool with proper fastener for the installation being performed.
- When installation complete, filled all face nail holes with matching filler for the wood installed. On prefinished flooring, fill with a matching color.
- Fill any minor imperfections, replace any defective boards.
- In some instances, must be able to weave new flooring into an existing floor.
- Clean up all debris and job site from our work. Double check to be sure all tools are put back on work truck.
- Pay is based upon experience level (We pay 1099 but pay more so you will have to pay in your own taxes)
- An opportunity to come on board with a reputable company that has been in business for 32 years
We are a Drug free work place. Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug test.