Strategic Gifts Coordinator
Strategic Gifts Coordinator
The Office of Strategic Gifts is responsible for gaining philanthropic support from individuals and families that have an affinity for JMU. The Strategic Gifts Coordinator is an integral part of the Strategic Gifts Team. This support position assists the Director and Development officers with engagement and stewardship of prospects. The Coordinator will also be responsible for writing gift agreements and managing hospitality functions, as well as coordinating with other departments in University Advancement and across the university.
PROSPECT ENGAGEMENT AND STEWARDSHIP 40%
- Maintain a shadow-portfolio of all Prospects in “stewardship” in OSG. Aid Development Team with carrying out engagement and stewardship strategies. Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing/sending birthday, anniversary, thank you and all occasion cards.
- Reviewing endowment reports/reporting.
- Arranging on-campus engagement activities including tours, tickets, speaking opportunities. The Coordinator will help prepare detailed itineraries and assist with scheduling and logistics.
- Assisting Development Officers/Associates with pre- and post- event communication to prospects, including event invitations and follow-up, planning, catering and space reservations.
- Working with Director and Associate Directors of Strategic Gifts in coordination with Donor Relations, Parent Relations and Alumni Relations to evaluate and implement new and innovative programs/initiatives to identify other possible strategies for meaningful prospect engagement and recognition.
- Liaising and Assisting Donor Relations with donor events as needed.
- Managing Stewardship Proposal Report disbursement.
- Assist Development Officers/Associates with trip preparation and trip follow up. This will include, but not limited to preparing profiles, collateral materials and gifts for prospect visits, as well as sending information out to prospects as requested.
GIFT WRITING 35%
- Preparation of Gift Agreements for Strategic Gift fundraisers. This will include shepherding agreements through the UA and JMU Foundation approval process.
- In some instances, creating proposals for Strategic Gift fundraisers utilizing designated templates.
BASKETBALL AND FOOTBALL HOSPITALITY 15%
- Manage Football, Men’s and Women’s Basketball tickets for Development Staff.
- Work collaboratively with University Communications & Marketing on creation, modifications, updates, and special features for the website for the Office of Strategic Gifts and collateral marketing materials for the office.
- Order and maintain an inventory of marketing materials and gift premiums for the Office of Strategic Gifts.
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments with accuracy and meet deadlines
- Ability to support multiple personalities and work styles
- Commitment to a high level of customer service and demonstrated professional manner with all internal and external constituents
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, Excel Spreadsheets, Advancement databases
- This position requires a high level of confidentiality, maturity and a composed temperament
- Associate’s Degree (or equivalent college credits) and/or 2-3 years of experience in an administrative support role
- Two or more years of experience working in a non-profit or higher education development/fundraising office
- Understanding of/experience with prospect engagement, recognition and stewardship programs
To apply go to https://joblink.jmu.edu/postings/13605 or visit JobLink.jmu.edu and reference posting number S3007. Pay Range: $38,894 - $44,000.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.