FT HVAC/MAINTENANCE TECHNICIANJohnston Community College
JOHNSTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE invites applications for the position of:
Veteran Affairs Coordinator
SALARY: $31,126.00 $46,689.00 Annually
The HVAC technician inspects, repairs, installs and maintains HVAC equipment at
Johnston Community College.
KNOWLEDGE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Provides routine maintenance, repairs, and installs heating, ventilation, and cooling
- Changes filters, belts, and greases bearings.
- Diagnoses and repairs electronic, mechanical, and electrical components of these
- Be available to respond to night and weekend emergency needs.
- Maintains proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment.
- Works on Building HVAC controls systems.
- Uses a computer to monitor Building HVAC controls system.
- Schedules HVAC equipment run times on the computer.
- Responds to hot and cold calls.
- Diagnoses diverse service issues, obtains any replacement parts and calibrates
- system to manufacturer's recommendations.
- Participates in company provided training opportunities.
- Maintains Service Records on all equipment.
- Be able to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
- Purchases and picks up parts.
- Performs other building maintenance
- Perform other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent or specialized HVAC training.
Experience Minimum: Minimum: Three to five years of experience in a combination of HVAC repair, service and general maintenance.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to
customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk;
use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee
is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100
pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving
mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles;
toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The
noise level in the work environment can be very loud.