PT Accounting Instructor - Continuing Education QuickbooksJohnston Community College
PT Accounting Instructor - Continuing Education Quickbooks
SALARY: $27.75 - $32.75 Hourly
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to provide a comprehensive
educational instructional program that is committed to quality teaching and successful
student achievement. Employees in this classification perform instructional work. Position
is responsible for teaching classes and instructing students; preparing lesson plans;
assessing students' work. Performs related work as required. Evening (minimum one
night per week) availability required.
KNOWLEDGE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
- Teaches QuickBooks Continuing Education courses
- Instructs students using a variety of media.
- Prepares syllabi and lesson plans, prepares lectures, writes course overviews and
- Prepares class projects and case studies for classroom instruction.
- Assesses students' work and provides constructive feedback.
- Prepares attendance reports and administers attendance policy.
- Adheres to all Continuing Education policies and procedures.
MINIMUM & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's degree in accounting, business administration or closely related field.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting.
- Minimum 2 years' experience with QuickBooks desktop software.
- Minimum one year's experience in teaching college level courses or equivalent experience
- 3 years' or more experience with QuickBooks desktop software; some experience with
cloud-based QuickBooks software; one or more years' college teaching experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to perform basic math computations including adding, subtracting,
multiplying and averaging all units of measure.
- Ability to compute fractions, percents and decimals.
- Ability to use effective critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
- To perform this job successfully an individual should be proficient in a Windows and
Microsoft Office environment and have knowledge of email systems, Power Point and