Time Purchasing Director
Johnston Community College is looking for a Full Time Purchasing Director. This position manages and directs all aspects of purchasing and distributing materials, equipment and supplies, and maintains equipment inventory by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Uses NC e-procurement daily to approve and process e-requisitions; maintains user database and acts as the system administrator for the e-Pro system.
- Creates Colleague requisitions in a timely manner using e-requisitions and creates purchase orders in Colleague.
- Responsible for upgrading and implementing the College's e-procurement and p-card systems.
- Prepares, evaluates and awards contracts for solicitations in accordance with the Division of Purchase and Contract, the Community College System Office and the State Information Technology Services Division including Informal Construction projects (up to $500,000) Hosts/conducts site visits with potential outside contractors.
- Maintains College's Purchasing Card (P-card) program including issuing p-cards, training College personnel in their use and reconciling the charges made on p-cards to ensure charges placed on the P-card are valid State expenditures and have proper documentation.
- Posts solicitation documents on the State's Interactive Purchasing System (IPS).
- Processes HUB reporting, including HUB reporting for capital projects; must become familiar with the Interscope system
- Ensures compliance with NC General Statutes and policy manuals issued by the Division of Purchase and Contract, the Community College System Office and the State Information Technology Services Division as relates to the purchase and disposal of property.
- Maintains both the College Purchasing Manual and the College p-Card Manual.
- Trains employees to use NC e-procurement and Colleague mnemonics through both one-on-one and group sessions.
- Supervises Purchasing, Shipping and Receiving and Central Office Supply.
- Conducts yearly equipment inventory and supply audits.
- Assists in developing specifications for procurement of equipment, supplies and materials.
- Assists employees in source selection.
- Evaluates the College's delegated purchasing authority, and when necessary, applies for expanded authority.
- Evaluates the College's purchasing processes and makes changes for more efficient processes where necessary (e.g. services solicitation process).
- Supervises the campus mail and courier service.
Qualifications for this position:
Education Minimum: Associates degree with course work emphasis in business administration or accounting.
Education Preferred: Bachelor's degree with course work emphasis in business administration or accounting. CPPB or CPPO certification is desirable.
Experience Minimum: Three (3) to Five (5) year'; experience in a procurement-related field, preferably in higher education procurement.
The Salary Range for this position: $47,341.00 - $71,012.00 Annually
Please apply on Johnston Community College website.