Lake Norman Charter
Part-Time Financial Assistant
Assist Director of Business Services by performing financial tasks pertaining to school operations in a
manner that promotes the educational development of all students and the professional development of
staff. This is a 12-month part-time (up to 20 hours per week) position.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK
• Processes daily PayPal transaction reports for staff
• Creates and monitors PayPal buttons to include publishing buttons on the website and clearing from
the website as buttons are retired
• Collects and prepares weekly bank deposits for all campuses, including receipting money collected
• Reconciles the monthly credit card statement
• Prepares the weekly accounts payable packets for Acadia NorthStar
• Prepares the annual 20th-Day Enrollment report
• Creates the monthly student reports and invoices for LEA billing
• Organizes and files all financial documents
• Receives, sorts and distributes all packages, deliveries and mail
• Manages district PayPal button set-up in collaboration with teaching staff or club advisors
• Tracks shuttle bus payments, including sending out quarterly reminders to families for payment
• Assists building principals by tracking which families have completed the Parent/Student
Expectation signature form.
• Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Demonstrates technology competency requiring word-processing, spreadsheet and database
software knowledge and experience.
• Performs tasks with work priorities and general instructions provided by the supervisor.
• Exercises judgment in selecting and applying established procedures correctly and in determining
when to collaborate with supervisor.
REPORTS TO: Director of Business Services
PREFERRED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Business/accounting courses beyond high school preferred.