Assistant Director of FacilitiesLake Norman Charter School
Lake Norman Charter
Assistant Director of Facilities
PURPOSE: To serve as a member of the administrative team, collaborating on facility needs and budgets in a manner that promotes the educational development of all students and the professional development of staff.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
• Assists Dir. of Facilities in monitoring contracted janitorial services to ensure that the proper cleaning is being done regularly and standard is being maintained.
• Assists in maintaining mechanical, electrical and controls systems. Coordinates and orders contracted services as need to accomplish repairs not practical to be done by school staff.
• Using manufacturers’ recommendations and job knowledge, establishes and carries out a preventative maintenance program for the physical plant, tools and equipment for which this position has responsibility.
• Assists Dir. of Facilities in assuring federal and state compliance for necessary items (i.e. fire inspection, food service, rain-water, etc.),
• Assists Dir. of Facilities in monitoring work order completion and ensures timely, quality service delivery to staff.
• Assists Dir. of Facilities in supervising and performing grounds maintenance, parking lot and walkway maintenance, and campus beautification.
• Assists Dir. of Facilities in maintaining a system of grounds and facilities supplies and assets inventory and accounting.
• Helps to purchase supplies and equipment within the LNC purchasing guidelines.
• Assists Dir. of Facilities in supervising and performing work requested or needed on work orders.
• Assists Dir. of Facilities in overseeing maintenance on all school owned vehicles.
• Assists Dir. of Facilities in preparing plans, material lists and estimates for school renovation projects.
• Assists Dir. of Facilities in maintaining and enforces all applicable OSHA and state agencies and programs.
• Assists Dir. of Facilities in accomplishing other tasks as may be required and assigned.
• Assists Dir. of Facilities in supervising facility maintenance tech, providing feedback through yearly evaluations.
REPORTS TO: Director of Facilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• The ability to read and understand architectural plans and specifications, a working knowledge of building and mechanical systems,
• Experience managing security and emergency management programs a plus and a functional knowledge of energy management systems.
• Demonstrated leadership ability and knowledge to provide for planning, development and operations of a complex facility.
SUGGESTED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Either an associate’s degree or certification in one of the trade fields preferred.
Managerial experience in the facilities field a plus, but not required
• Ability to comfortably work at heights of 30 ft
• Ability to lift weights up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to run facilities maintenance equipment & obtain a CDL license (at school expense)