Spanish TeacherLake Norman Charter School
Lake Norman Charter is a public charter school that serves grades K-12 by preparing students to be community leaders who demonstrate personal integrity with a life-long desire to learn, lead and serve. Additionally, our academic mission is to provide a strong instructional program.
Currently we are accepting applications for the position of MS Spanish Teacher - Job Posting 440245
PURPOSE: As a college preparatory school, it is incumbent on us to build and maintain an educational program which engages and supports every student and their parents through the college decision process, starting in middle school and concluding with their enrollment in their college or university of choice. This most certainly begins with developing a rigorous and relevant curriculum that supports that goal.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to all students in the class;
- Teaching according to the educational needs, abilities and achievement of the individual students that is consistent with & integrating the school’s mission of leadership and service;
- Adopting and working towards the implementation of the school strategic development plan;
- Assigning work, correcting and marking work carried out by his/her students, providing regular and consistent feedback;
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress, attainment and behavior of students;
- Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students or groups of students as part of the intervention process;
- Offer instruction that is consistent with the North Carolina Standard Course of Study for the appraisal of students’ performance;
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students, groups of students or class entrusted to him/her;
- Providing guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters and on their further education choices and careers; providing information on sources of more expert advice;
- Communicating, consulting and co-operating with other members of the school staff, including those having posts of special responsibility and parents/guardians to ensure the best interest of students;
- Advising and co-operating with the building principal and other teachers in the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programs, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral care arrangements;
- Ensuring high standards of professional practice and quality of teaching and learning of the subject/s. Through effective dialogue, participating in reciprocal peer review and observation of class teaching practice by the building principal (subject/level) concerned;
- Actively participating in professional development and training courses as well as in continuing professional development (PD) opportunities, and taking part in action research exercises;
- Maintaining good order and discipline amongst students under one’s care and safeguarding their health and safety at all times;
- Supervise students in non-classroom activities such as carpool, school assemblies, etc.;
- Monitoring the attendance of students under one’s care;
- Sharing in any possible and reasonable way in the effective management, organization, order and discipline of the school;
- Nurtures a culture where teachers view themselves essentially as facilitators of learning and reflective practitioners;
- Participating in and contributing to MAPS and IEP conferences and reviews of students and collaborating with parents, administration, EC Coordinators and other professionals/stakeholders working with the student;
- Other duties assigned by the building principal or other administrative staff.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
Minimum of 3 years teaching experience preferred
This position will serve students in grades 5-8 and includes an HS credit Spanish I course.
SUGGESTED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- DPI Teaching Certification in Curriculum Specific Area
- Preference for Previous Teaching Experience