Lake Norman Charter is seeking applicants who are energetic and motivated to work with students at LNC. Substitute teachers provide backup teaching when Lake Norman Charter teachers or teacher assistants are unable to work.
Substitutes may choose to work at the elementary (K-4), middle (5-8), and/or high school (9-12).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out lesson plans left by the teacher in a way that ensures consistency and continuation of learning.
- Ensure the safety of students at all times through consistent supervision.
- Set and maintain a well-managed classroom that promotes a safe and productive learning environment.
- Follow and enforce LNC and classroom rules, policies, and procedures.
- Communicate in a professional, respectful, and positive manner to students, administrators, and faculty.
- Use classroom technology with reasonable comfort along with communication technology for accepting sub jobs.
- Adhere at all times to the same high standards of conduct, confidentiality, and professionalism required of all LNC faculty.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
- Experience working with children either as a licensed educator or informally through youth activities.
- Flexible, friendly, and good at establishing rapport with students.
- Comfortable modifying teaching styles to fit the level in which you are substituting.
- Strong English-language communication skills.
- Available to work in half or full-day increments according to hours set by school (ES, MS, HS).
- Punctual and reliable.
- Successful clearance through a background check and fingerprinting.
Position pays in full and half-day rates. Rate of pay is determined by Certified (i.e. hold a teaching license: current or expired, NC or out-of-state) or Non-certified. There are no benefits associated with this position.