Injection Molding Process TechnicianMagneti Marelli
Injection Molding Process Technician
Assist in the management of activities of the Injection Molding Department to ensure timely completion of production requirements in an acceptable production environment, consistent with product quality, and product standard cost. Must be able to demonstrate both the technical expertise and leadership ability necessary to effectively direct and control production operations. Maintains and/or improves processes in order to achieve high quality standards and follows World Class Mfg principles. Responsibilities include maintaining/improving manufacturing equipment, automation and support equipment, process standardization, scrap reduction, and training of all personnel within the molding department.
- Set up or oversee the setup of tools, effectively start-up and shut-down automated molding processes.
- Support, trouble shoots and correct all down time molding issues quickly and effectively.
- Assist tooling department in maintaining mold tooling in and out of the molding machine.
- Following World Class Mfg. principles assure the molding operations meets or exceed all target outputs and efficiencies at the minimum cost possible.
- Must be able to comprehend maintenance manuals, diagrams prints and perform maintenance repairs on equipment in the molding area.
- Will interface with Manufacturing Supervisors and Process Engineering relative to priorities and effectiveness of the molding cell.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Quality Responsibilities: Follows all relevant quality processes and procedures. Participates in Company safety programs, follows Environmental Health and Safety guidelines including ISO and OSHA.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 7 or more year’s injection molding manufacturing experience with complicated tooling, engineering resins and automation equipment. Familiar with Master molding or scientific molding principles is a must. Formal technical training is
Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- The person must be very methodical in their trouble shooting approach and be able to perform a root cause analysis.
- Individual must understand and be able to maintain the entire molding and automated systems as it relates to production.
- Must have relative manufacturing experience with automated process integrated to the molding machine, complicated tooling with multiple slides and valve gated hot runners. Individuals with machine, automation and tool maintenance experience will be a plus.
- This person must have excellent communication skills, be a team player, and be flexible regarding customer support.
- Must be a self-motivated, self-starter with the ability to function well in a team environment.
- The ideal candidate will not be satisfied with results achieved, but driven to constantly improve skills, processes, and non-value added activities.
Additional Position Requirements
- Some travel may be required. Training of other Magnet Marelli personnel with necessary skills to efficiently maintain continuous operation of the molding cells.
- Responsible for shift self-audits and autonomous maintenance activities in working area.
- Must be customer focused and interact well with manufacturing, maintenance and process engineering.
- Provide proper assessment and disposition of processed material. Assess tool performance data to ensure tools are producing quality product.
- Must be proficient in the use of Kaizens, 5-whys, and other related tools.