Tool & Die RepairMagneti Marelli
TOOL and DIE REPAIR
Builds, conditions, modifies, and maintains tools and dies, with minimum supervision. Plans, lays out, constructs and repairs complicated tools, dies, fixtures and details of special machines and attachments. Performs experimental work on products. Performs difficult tool room machine operations. Does skills fitting and assembling of component parts, works to very close tolerances and must be able to use precision measuring instruments.
- Must have knowledge and ability to setup and operate standard tool and die tool room equipment.
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret blueprints, sketches and tool descriptions.
- Must be knowledgeable in principles of machining, and tool and die design and construction.
- Must understand and use the practical application of shop mathematics, along with geometry and measurement.
- Must be knowledgeable and proficient in use of precision measuring instruments.
- Must be able to plan and lay out work utilizing prints. Specifications, written instructions and sketches.
- Assure that work practices are in the guidelines of OSHA standards.
- Follow all Environmental Health and Safety rules and ISO requirements.
- Assure that all products are built to the highest standard of quality.
- Follow all IATF16949 requirements.
- Participates in WCM, also provides suggestions to improve processes and participates on team projects.
-Position requires the completion of technical or vocational college Tool & Die program or apprenticeship program and 2 years on the job experience.
-Previous manufacturing experience
-Previous lead experience
-6 months minimum of working knowledge of the production line.
- Desired Skills: Please reference Job Qualifications Matrix for specific requirement on certain skills, defined below.
-Able to use basic hand tools (allen and torque wrenches, battery and electric drills).
-Able to read and write in English.
-Basic math skills with ability to do percentages.
-Ability to receive a forklift license based on the forklift requirements set by Magneti Marelli and safety.
-Good communication skills.
-Ability to prioritize and multi task in a fast-paced environment.
-Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to change.
-Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
-Computer literate and mechanically inclined a plus.
-Strong hand/eye coordination.
-Team player and able to work well with others.
-Fluent in English
- Expected Behaviors:
-Position is hands on requires Manufacturing floor mobility.
-Pursue Zero Defects
-Detail orientated mindset required for investigation and analysis of non-conformances
-Work well with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
-The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The employee must have the ability to read and write.
-While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk, and hear.
-The employee is occasionally required to perform repetitive motions.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list of all job duties. Magneti Marelli reserves the right to change job duties or responsibilities as business needs change. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.