Mechanical Systems TechnicianMarathon Petroleum Company
Mechanical systems technicians are responsible for maintaining mechanical equipment and ensuring a high level of reliability at asphalt and light product terminals. Technicians provide the expertise to maintain, repair and replace mechanical, electrical and vapor control equipment beyond that typically handled by terminal operations. This position is based in Charlotte, NC and requires travel with routine overnight stays of 2 to 3 nights per week. A maintenance vehicle, tools, equipment, and uniforms are provided. Technicians must be able to pass the DOT Medical Guidelines required to operate the maintenance vehicles. Equipment typically maintained by mechanical specialists includes vapor control systems, oil/water separators, water accumulation tanks, pumps, motors, asphalt mills, meters, actuators, etc. This position will be expected to develop proficiency in PLC programming and electrical troubleshooting associated with vapor control systems. Although technicians have assigned areas of coverage, they often assist other mechanical technicians, complete project work, or provide training to others outside their assigned geographical area. They must develop and maintain an effective working relationship with terminal operations personnel and peers. Technicians must be highly motivated, self-directed and have strong decision making skills. All applications must be completed on-line. No phone calls, agencies, faxed or mailed resumes will be accepted. For a complete list of our benefits, please visit www.mympcbenefits.com. This position will be based out of Charlotte, NC.
1. Inspect equipment and apply operating and performance tests to mechanical/electrical components to determine causes of malfunctions and operating deficiencies. Based on inspection outcomes, will determine the extent and feasibility of repairs and recommend replacement or retention of components.
2. Repair and maintain mechanical and electrical components by disassembling them and reconditioning or replacing parts.
3. Schedule and perform periodic and preventative maintenance, inspections, and testing of mechanical and electrical components by visual inspection, reference to technical manuals and use of testing equipment.
4. Install mechanical/electrical components and equipment.
5. Prepare maintenance records and complete various preventative maintenance forms and repair orders. Utilize records to determine the economic life, cost-effectiveness, quality and durability of mechanical parts and materials.
6. When necessary, respond to emergency repairs.
7. Work with district engineers, support engineers, reliability engineers and project managers to provide input on new equipment installations concerning equipment reliability and maintainability.
8. Work with operations and purchasing personnel, suppliers and contractors' representatives to purchase parts, supplies and materials; and to arrange for performance of services, discuss contract work and resolve problems.
9. Use Mobility and PC based maintenance management system to update work orders, purchase material, report maintenance issues, and track equipment history.
10. Maintain all inspection records and trip log information as required by DOT.
2 years in related field preferred Terminal operations, electrical, or PLC programming experience preferred, excellent mechanical aptitude required. Basic spreadsheets, word processing and e-mail preferred. Willingness to travel up to 60% About Marathon Petroleum Corporation Headquartered in Findlay, Ohio, Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) operates an integrated refining, marketing and transportation system. MPC is the nation's third-largest refiner, with a crude oil refining capacity of approximately 1.8 million barrels per calendar day in its seven-refinery system. Marathon brand gasoline is sold through approximately 5,500 independently owned retail outlets across 19 states. In addition, Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates the nation's second-largest convenience store chain, with approximately 2,730 convenience stores in 21 states. Through subsidiaries, MPC owns the general partner of MPLX LP, a midstream master limited partnership. MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P., a wholly owned subsidiary of MPLX LP, is one of the largest processors of natural gas in the U.S. MPC owns, leases or has ownership interests in approximately 10,800 miles of crude and light product pipelines and more than 5,600 miles of gas gathering and natural gas liquids (NGL) pipelines. MPC's fully integrated system provides operational flexibility to move crude oil, NGLs, feedstocks and petroleum-related products efficiently through the company's distribution network and midstream service businesses in the Midwest, Northeast, East Coast, Southeast and Gulf Coast regions.
Note that we only accept resumes and applications for posted positions. Marathon Petroleum Company LP ("MPC") is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status or other legally protected status.