The Marine/Service Technician is responsible for the repair and overhaul of boats, machinery and trailers.
• Examine boat and discuss the nature and extent of damage or malfunction with the service advisor or customer.
• Perform diagnostics and repair of all types of marine engines and transmissions/drives/generators.
• Perform mechanical repair work such as:
- remove engine, transom or outdrive
- disassemble unit and inspect parts for wear
- overhaul or replace carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, pumps, electrical and fuel systems
- rebuild parts such as engine cylinder blocks
- rewire ignition system, lights and instrument panel
- replace and adjust taillights
- install and repair accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, and windshield wipers
• Operate a hydraulic jack or hoist as needed.
• Advise customers and/or insurance adjusters as to necessary repairs.
• Complete repair work utilizing service scheduler and SSO’s within the established timeframe
• Ensure all warranty work is completed according to manufacture’s and MarineMax guidelines
• Safely operate MarineMax and customer vessels during diagnostic water testing operations
• Maintain MarineMax tools in good condition and according to guidelines
• Other duties as assigned