McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, helps clients grow by creating sophisticated, measurable ways for local businesses and national advertisers to connect with desirable audiences in local markets and across the country. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
McClatchy is seeking a driven Account Executive to join our forward thinking Advertising Sales Team! The ideal candidates for this outside sales position is local to Charlotte.
The Charlotte Observer, owned by The McClatchy Company, has continued throughout its years of service to Charlotte and the surrounding communities, to accurately reflect the region and what matters to the local residents. The Observer heavily covers development and schools—factors strongly affected by rampant growth in the city and the region—and continues deep coverage of the area's traditional interests: banking, business, industry, religion, and stock-car racing.
Click here to learn a little about us: http://bit.ly/This_Is_McClatchy
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
The Account Executive drives multi-media sales revenue from local accounts, with a strong focus on digital revenue from local accounts; understanding their needs (both current and desired) and crafting customized solutions to meet customer needs. Account Executives understand our solutions and have the ability to effectively show they drive results for our customers.
- Retain and grow current account base
- Prospect and acquire New Business
- Conduct deep-dive Client Impact Assessments
- Develop Results-Based Solutions
- Present and close proposals
- Work with client success team to ensure client goals/expectations are met
- Meet KPIs established by leadership
- Utilize AdPoint as a Predictive and Collaborative tool
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Position requires at least 1-3 years’ experience in sales, preferably in media sales.
- Has an innate hunter mindset combined with strong prospecting skills.
- Persuasive and patient yet has a compelling and compassionate approach. You’ll be forging strong relationships with customers and must be able to earn their trust.
- The ideal candidate will have proven track record of surpassing sales goals and the ability to manage a territory.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Effective presentation, planning, organizational and time-management skills.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethics.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as provide excellent customer service.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance required - at least the minimum insurance required for North Carolina
The full time position includes a competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) match.