Account Representative - Inside (Legals, Celebrations, Obits)McClatchy
The Charlotte Observer is currently seeking an Account Representative - Inside (Legals, Celebrations, Obits) for our Regional Classified Department - Advertising Division. The successful candidate will support a high volume of classified advertising primarily public notices, with extremely high accuracy, timeliness and customer service, across the various markets our department supports.
- Accurately enter all announcements into the front end ad order entry system in timely fashion
- Verify that all announcements are scheduled correctly and are error free
- Assist the customer through the announcement placement process and answer any questions that they have
- Meet set deadlines for ad entry, photo submission, proof approvals, etc.
- Handle any issues that may arise due to production or finance
- Follow credit policies and obtain pre-payment when necessary
- Organize all files (both electronic and paper) to keep clear and accurate documentation of all announcements scheduled
- Work with customers across multiple markets
- Back-up as needed others area of the Classified Inside Team
- Other duties as assigned. Duties listed are subject to change.
- High level of accuracy
- Must have ability to communicate information in a clear, professional manner; over the telephone, emails, and face to face.
- Must have excellent writing, grammar and spelling skills, and have an aptitude in math.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, work well with the general public, and multi-task under deadline pressure.
- Be organized, detailed oriented, self-motivated, and a team player.
- Exhibits technical competency, e.g. utilizing the front end ad order entry system
- Strong interpersonal, time management, and follow up skills are essential.
- Empathetic when working with families on obits
- High school required. College degree a plus.
- At least one year work experience preferred.
- Must be be computer literate; working knowledge of Microsoft OS and Google office tools; Type minimum of 45 wpm.
- Maintain an organized area.
The full time position includes a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. The Charlotte Observer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.