Advertising Sales - Media Sales- CO
McClatchy is seeking a driven sales person to join our forward thinking Advertising Sales Team! The ideal candidate for this outside sales position is local to the communities that The Charlotte Observer serves.
The Charlotte Observer, owned by The McClatchy Company, has continued throughout its years of service to Charlotte and the surrounding communities, to accurately reflect the region and what matters to the local residents. The Observer heavily covers development and schools—factors strongly affected by rampant growth in the city and the region—and continues deep coverage of the area's traditional interests: banking, business, industry, religion, and stock-car racing.
Click here to learn a little about us: http://bit.ly/This_Is_McClatchy
Our Advertising Sales professionals are Marketing Consultants who drive multi-media sales revenue from local accounts, following a defined sales process. Successful Marketing Consultants strive to understand a customer's needs and craft customized solutions for them, often with a focus on digital marketing. Marketing Consultants understand our unique set of solutions and can drive results for their customers, resulting in successful marketing campaigns.
- Retain and grow current account base
- Prospect and acquire new customers utilizing the Core 4+ Sales Process
- Conduct meetings with prospective customers, completing a thorough needs analysis
- Develop customized proposals based on a customer's needs
- Present and close proposals
- Work with our client success team to ensure client goals/expectations are met
- Regularly meet and exceed meeting thresholds set by leaders
- Utilize a CRM as an organizational tool
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1-3 years of experience in sales (specifically media sales, preferred, but not required).
- The ideal candidate will have proven track record of surpassing sales goals and the ability to manage a geographic territory.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethics.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills as well as provide excellent customer service.
- Must have a valid driver's license