Automotive Account ManagerMcClatchy
Observer Media Group has an exciting opportunity for an Automotive Account Manager to join our dynamic and forward-thinking sales team! The Automotive Account Manager retains automotive advertising revenue from local & regional automotive dealerships in conjunction with Business Development and Strategic Account Consultants, following the Core 4+ Sales Process: ensuring custom solutions are implemented correctly and meet customer needs. This position will be the primary point person for the cars.com product suite.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Sales revenue retention and stabilization
- Establish communication/collaboration timeline unique to each individual client to ensure success metrics and client satisfaction are met and contract renewal is completed in a timely manner
- Utilizes Salesforce as a predictive and collaborative tool
- Works with client success team to ensure client goals/expectations are met
- Routine account reviews with manager to identify growth opportunities
- Provide ongoing cars.com reporting monthly
- Able to maintain and increase revenue among an active account base
- Must be able to think tactically about digital offerings that would drive ROI for dealerships
- Understands each client and able to provide ROI-impactful solutions.
- Has deep understanding of local markets & competitive landscape.
- Ability to manage time and tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong public relations and customer service skills with attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with personal computers, the Internet, database applications, and the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Must be able to work independently and as a part of a virtual team.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-4 years of prior sales experience
- Automotive industry experience preferred
- Able to work under conditions where aggressive deadline and sales performance pressures are essential.
- Valid driver’s license and required insurance.
The fulltime position includes a competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package. Observer Media Group, powered by The Charlotte Observer, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.