The Charlotte Observer has an exciting opportunity for an Inside Sales Accounts Representative to join our dynamic and forward-thinking sales team! We provide the culture, tools, and environment for you to achieve unlimited success by offering great ideas and creation executions to local businesses. The Inside Sales Accounts Representative develops new accounts, retains and grows existing key accounts, and focuses on the customer's return on investment.
● Responsible for sales growth (up/cross-sell of existing) and retention of current business.
● Develop new business through prospecting and cold calling key categories.
● Provide personalized business solutions to clients and ensure they are satisfied with ROI.
● Learn and understand the features/benefits of digital, print, and direct marketing products.
● Manages a quick sales cycle well
● Is able to make an immediate connection with a client over the phone
● Understands each client and their unique business needs in order to provide ROI-impactful solutions.
● Exhibits technical competency, e.g. updating our CRM
● Aware of various large companies and any incoming companies
● College degree preferred.
● At least three (3 years) sales experience.
● Publishing, advertising or media sales preferred.
● Telemarketing sales experience preferred.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Excellent customer service skills.
● Have the proven ability to persuade and present information in a professional and compelling manner.
● Good attention to detail and good organization skills.
● Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
The fulltime position includes a competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package.
The Charlotte Observer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.