Inside Sales Representative (Part-Time)McClatchy
We are currently seeking a Part-Time Inside Sales Representative for our Regional Classified Department - Advertising Division. The successful candidate will drive growth for accounts buying classifieds, such as Auction and Service customers. The successful candidate will also be comfortable selling all products, especially digital, across the various markets our department supports.
- Prospect potential opportunities and maintain relationships with existing classified accounts clients
- Identify and pursue prospects within opportunity categories
- Verify all aspects of the ad with the customer prior to placement for accuracy
- Understand client’s business and audience and develop personalized solutions for clients, ensuring they receive their desired ROI
- Manage relationships with clients to ensure they receive best-in-class service. Identify opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell
- Follow credit policies and obtain pre-payment when necessary
- Service the clients if any post-sale issues occur
- Service clients across multiple markets and speak to their various value propositions
- Manages time to focus on outbound classifieds sales calls when not handling inbound
- Manages a quick sales cycle well
Is able to make an immediate connection with a client over the phone
- Understands each client and their unique business needs in order to provide ROI-impactful solutions.
- Exhibits technical competency, e.g. updating our CRM
- Thrives in high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Able to converse with multiple regional markets, manage various market value propositions, switch gears quickly
- Embraces change
- Publishing, advertising or media experience preferred.
- At least three (3 years) sales experience. Telemarketing sales experience preferred.
- High School - Required, College - Preferred
- Ability to work Monday - Friday; 12:30 PM - 5:30 PM
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint and Google Office Tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
The Charlotte Observer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.