The Charlotte Observer has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accounts Representative to join our dynamic and forward-thinking sales team! We provide the culture, tools, and environment for you to achieve unlimited success by offering great ideas and creation executions to local businesses. The Seniors Accounts Representative develops new accounts and upsell of existing accounts for strategic clients (large local and regional accounts).
● Understand and assess areas for growth within identified opportunity categories and share insights with strategic sales team
● Target and build relationships with existing clients and potential clients that are strategic for the organization and that are interested in multi-product solutions
● Create proposals with good/better/best solutions after gaining a complete understanding of the client’s needs through a CIA
● Communicate ROI solution and educate the client on solution, as needed
● Actively manage relationship by reporting campaign results to ensure client satisfaction and identify follow-up opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell
● Ability to grow and develop deep category insights
● Possess strong grasp of all products to help craft complex ROI-impacted solutions with the client
● Able to identify and capture new business revenue
● Exhibits technical competency, e.g. update our CRM, create client-ready proposals in PowerPoint, etc.
● Focused on finding solutions to problems
● Able to sell against other media and effectively manage and overcome objections
● Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
● 4+ years in sales and marketing.
● Bachelor's degree required.
● Strong project management, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
● Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
● Must have dependable vehicle
The fulltime position includes a competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package.
The Charlotte Observer is part of The McClatchy Company and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.