Senior Specialist, Procurement
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines, and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity, and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement, and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Merck Sharp & Dohme, a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc., is looking for a Senior Specialist, Procurement for our Wilson, NC location to serve as essential resource responsible for a broad spectrum of support activities, including stakeholder support, contract execution & management, & supplier management.
The individual will: Assist Site Sourcing managers in understanding supply strategies & agreements & describing the benefits to their site & Merck overall; Conduct research & analysis in support of local sourcing plans; Implement regional, internal & global sourcing initiatives locally & participate on local sourcing teams focused on improvements in AQSCI; Identify & document all cost reduction & provide plan improvements; Conduct RFPs, RFQs, & quotation analysis as well as negotiations required; and operate with a Grant of Authority (GOA) up to $50K for individual transactions in accordance with GP Policy.
Primary Activities include but are not limited to:
- Sourcing – Understand the supplier/site strategy developed by the Supply Sectors & execute action plans to achieve the sourcing team’s objectives. Participate in the Site Sourcing strategies & local program implementation. Liaise with the Supply Sectors to assure site spend is in line with agreed sourcing strategy. Assist in evaluating potential suppliers on site specific issues. Be familiar with the various suppliers & product lines available in stakeholder areas. Assist in analyzing customer’s business & evaluate potential savings through supplier consolidation. Create & execute RFIs, RFPs & FRSs wherever possible using e-RFX tools.
- Transactional Process – Within assigned stakeholder & supply sector area, resp for processing contracts in accordance with GOA guidelines. Ensure that outline agreements are in compliance with master agreements & preferred suppliers. Resolve discrepancies through interaction with PtP Serv Ctr, Receiving & Stakeholders. Expedite critical & strategic deliveries.
- Contract Negotiation & Mgmt – Lead & participate in negotiation sessions with suppliers. Prepare, implement, & audit compliance with appropriate contract. Resolve issues regarding supplier delivery of assurance, quality, service, & document resolution.
- Supplier Mgmt & Performance Tracking – Manage, monitor, report, & seek to improve supplier performance. Ensure agreements have a good supplier matrix embedded within them. Act as a primary point of contact for supplier interaction & assist in supplier performance assessments. Maintain a working knowledge of supplier’s org, product lines, contractual agreements, & transportation terms. Compile information to be incorporated in Supplier’s Scorecard. Assist Sourcing Mgrs in analyzing departmental spends with certain suppliers & recommend consolidation or redirection to preferred suppliers. Conduct periodic supplier surveys/evaluations/visits & provide feedback to sourcing mgrs.
- Analysis – Conduct data anal at the local level on suppliers, supply market, cost & price of goods & services that are supplied to Merck using available data.
- Continuous Improvement – Keep abreast of current procurement general knowledge, procedures, & business issues in order to facilitate effective & practical solutions to client requests, concerns, & inquiries. Learn new areas of the global procurement supply sectors, its business practices, & issues to provide superior support to stakeholders. Administer & conduct customer service surveys to key stakeholders (mgrs & planners) to validate their needs. Assist in providing feedback to sourcing mgrs regarding the integration of preferred supplier alliances incl the effectiveness of stakeholder/supplier interface, problem resolution & optimization. Make recommendation on how to improve the existing environment.
- System Support – Assist in systems training for stakeholders. Assist in the maintenance of catalog items, specifically electronic catalogs. Ensure agreements are in the document mgmt. system.
- Development – Participate on category teams providing tech support. Link market knowledge & site reqs to sourcing mgr supporting creation of breakthrough strategies.
- Must have bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Economics, or related field and 5 years of experience with commercial business operations. Experience must include the following: working with Latin American markets of Mexico, Argentina, Columbia and Brazil; category experience; quantitative/Sic Sigma/Finance experience; working with Global Procurement related business processes; SAP system expertise, particularly in procurement; working with quantitative supply chain analytics. Will also accept MS and 3 years of experience.
Send CV to Katie Robertson, Recruitment Coordinator, Merck, 3010 Gaylord Parkway, Ste. 300, Frisco, TX 75034.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process, please email us at email@example.com.