LCSW Behavioral Health Therapist VMonarch
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Job Specific Information:
LCSW full licensure required in NC.
Full time Monday thru Friday 8 am to 5 pm, with flexibility required as needed.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Perform interviews with individuals and/or families to aid in identifying presenting problems, assessing mental status and dangerousness, gathering relevant facts of psychosocial history, and assigning accurate diagnoses (using all five Axes of the current DSM manual) that will help determine the best intervention to help the individual and his or her family achieve stated goals.
- Provide individual, group, and family therapy to individuals of all ages using person-centered philosophies and best practices in all service delivery.
- Provide expertise in assessing psychiatric crises and crisis intervention while working closely with psychiatrists.
- Maintain necessary medical records in compliance with state, federal, and agency guidelines.
- Assist individuals and families in meeting other psychosocial needs by referring them to appropriate outside agencies (such as doctors, social services, and Christian Ministries) and providing information needed within the guidelines of confidentiality standards.
- Provide crisis assessments, stabilization, and service coordination in order to de-escalate crisis and potential crisis situations in an effort to maintain lowest level of care that promotes safety.
- Provide coverage or back-up for Emergency Services during clinical hours and on-call coverage after hours and on weekends as needed.
- Maintain licensure as required by licensing board and attend educational trainings/seminars to remain up-to-date on current best practices.
- Maintain positive working relationships within the communities served, including with individuals, families, staff, monitoring and licensing agencies, organizations, funding resources, and other human service agencies.
- Be an active participant in the ongoing continuous quality improvement activities of the agency.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and comply with all agency policies and procedures.
- Provide clinical consultation as required or requested by other professionals within Monarch to provide ongoing professional development and to process difficult client situations that may arise.
- Drive and travel to community locations, various agencies, and other outreach destinations as assigned.
Masters: Human Services (Required)
LCSW - License, North Carolina Driver License (Valid) - License
1056054, Counseling/Therapy Experience, LCSW - License, Masters - Human Services, North Carolina Driver License (Valid) - License
Ability to change routine in a positive manner, Ability to sit and stand for extended periods, Ability to solve problems as they arise, Ability to work with frequent interruptions, Able to maintain good work attendance, Build positive relationship with people supported, Competitive work output, Demonstrate knowledge of computer programs, Demonstrate strong organizational skills, Effective oral and written communication, Excellent team building skills, Follow through on assignments independently, Lift at least 25 lbs, bend, stoop, reach, Maintain safe work environment, Maintain stable work behaviors daily, Must be able to tolerate heat/humidity, Must be independently mobile on all surfaces, Must have proficient interpersonal skills, Must have strong leadership skills, Must participate in decision-making, Must possess adequate individual coping skills, Must respond appropriately to emergency situations, Physical stamina to work 40 hours, Techniques to address needs of people supported
Please apply at www.MonarchNC.org for R921.