Maintenance ManagerMPE USA INC.
MPE USA INC. has an opportunity for a Maintenance Manager at its Pineville, NC facility.
MPE Group, with Headquarters in Italy, is a leading global supplier of plastic technical components for the automotive industry.
The Maintenance Manager position is an ideal opportunity for a hands-on maintenance professional that is looking to grow their career by being a part of an operation where they can have significant impact on a successful plant within a global manufacturing organization.
The Maintenance Manager will manage electrical and mechanical maintenance team to efficiently service production machinery, and plant engineering projects. Duties include responsibility for electrical and mechanical servicing and efficient maintenance of production machinery and physical plant, utilities and grounds in accordance with state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures. The technical functions include the design, troubleshooting, and repair of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, as well as continuous improvement.
Main Position Responsibilities:
- Directs the operations and maintenance of all machinery to provide uninterrupted service.
- Oversee P&L for Maintenance department.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in the maintenance, electrical and mechanical operations.
- Act as technical lead in design, installation, troubleshooting and upgrades of equipment and processes.
- Manage Plant Maintenance Projects to achieve desired results and conclude within agreed budget and timeline.
- Manage and perform physical installation of equipment.
- Develops schedules and controls a preventive maintenance program to maintain production machinery and equipment in proper working condition.
- Plans a continual work schedule to maintain all company property in a safe and healthy condition to achieve the best working conditions possible for all employees
- Inspects jobs in process and at completion to ensure the standards of workmanship and safety are maintained.
- Ensures proper maintenance of facility machinery and building.
- Maintains inventories of maintenance material, supplies and repair parts at required levels by initiating requisitions for purchase; periodically reviews inventory for proper upkeep at plant facilities.
- Recommends, plans and implements equipment needs to improve production efficiency and/or achieve cost reduction.
Key Attributes / Behaviors
- Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or similar field preferred.
- 5+ years in a supervisory or lead position in a manufacturing facility
- 5+ years hands on specific experience on Ossberger press blow molding machines as well as Kautex blow molders.
- Must have 10+ years relevant maintenance experience.
- Strong hands-on leadership skills and the ability to accept feedback to improve
- Experience with mechanical and electrical troubleshooting on production machines
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics is essential
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of spare parts inventory and purchasing
- Must be able to read and understand machine schematics/ blue prints
- Excellent communication skills, particularly with hourly production personnel
- Familiarity with Automotive Quality Standards such as ISO TS16949 / IATF 16949
- Good understanding and demonstration of supervisory skills
- Familiarity with lean concepts and tools
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft suite)
- Familiarity with computerized maintenance management software is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations relative to plant operation and maintenance is preferred
- Availability to work extended hours and to be on call for night shift in case of production emergencies.
- Bi-lingual skills (English & Spanish or English & Italian) a desired plus
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Ability to stand, crouch and climb and lift up to 50 lbs. to perform certain duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.