General Statement of Duties
Performs administrative, coordinative, supervisory, and professional adult education and training work with the Education and Licensing Division for the Real Estate Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Tasks
- Designs and develops educational content for Commission programs and courses under the supervision of the Director of Education and Licensing.
- Works independently and collaboratively to lead content development for classroom and online learning experiences.
- Creates a wide variety of written content, including expository text, assessments, and
- Analyzes large amounts of existing educational material, synthesizing concepts and proposing how they can be integrated into courses.
- Creates or directs the creation of instructional content such as formative and/or summative assessments, interactive activities, audio, video, and text media, and any other relevant instructional materials.
- Participates in various advisory committees.
Additional Job Duties
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of principles and theories of adult education, as well as
educational trends, developments, and instructional methods and practices.
- Considerable knowledge of laws and policies relating to real estate education and
- Demonstrated ability to develop accurate real estate educational materials.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex content, exceptional writing skills, ability to
produce comprehensive course scripts, content, facilitator, and participant guides.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Strong editing skills.
- Considerable experience in working collaboratively on a team and proven experience as a team player.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, peers and subordinates, as well as with licensees, the general public, Real Estate Commission, advisory committee members, education providers, and members of ther organizations.
- Ability to work independently.
- Aptitude for learning and using multiple systems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and administrative skills, including the ability to organize and perform detailed work accurately and efficiently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe.
Open to Contract $25-$30/hr or Full-time employment $52,905 - $63,486 plus excellent benefits.
Contact: NC Real Estate Commission, www.ncrec.gov or 919-875-3700.
Application Deadline: March 24. EOE.