License Application AnalystNC Real Estate Commission
North Carolina Real Estate Commission seeks a responsible individual to review, assemble information and recommend action on real estate license applicants where the character of the applicant is in question.
Essential Duties and Tasks
- Reviews and investigates individual and firm license applications with character and fitness related issues.
- Reviews and investigates reports of criminal convictions or disciplinary actions of current licensees.
- Obtains additional information relating to criminal convictions, liens, and disciplinary actions by occupational licensing boards. Contacts applicants, licensees, and other sources such as courthouse clerks, law enforcement, other occupational licensing agencies, etc, to obtain background information.
- Summarizes case facts and recommends case disposition to the Attorney/Case Manager in accordance with Commission guidelines.
- Presents applicants and issues to the Commission’s Character Conference Panels; poses questions during character conferences as deemed appropriate.
- When required, presents applications to the Commission and responds to questions from the Commission members.
- Handles correspondence with license applicants and licensees, providing case status updates, and notification of final decisions by the Commission. Responds to inquiries regarding license application requirements pertaining to character issues.
- Reviews and summarizes criminal conviction histories for petitions for pre-determination for licensure.
- Assists in drafting proposed rules governing character and fitness issues in the real estate brokerage industry.
- Maintains required knowledge of Real Estate License Law, Commission rules and policy changes, and department protocols and case precedents.
- Drafts articles for publication in the Commission Bulletin or on its we to brokerage practices.
Graduation from an accredited college or university; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiarity with criminal reports and court documents preferred. $43,525 -$52,230 depending on qualifications. Must relocate or reside in Raleigh area.
For application and information contact: NC Real Estate Commission, www.ncrec.gov or 919-875-3700.
Application Deadline: February 26.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We appreciate your interest in working with the North Carolina Real Estate Commission. As an equal opportunity employer, our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination due to race, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin.