Candidate Services Liaison
OFFICE TITLE: Candidate Services Liaison
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
CIVIL SERVICE TITLE/LEVEL: CFB ANALYST I
DEPARTMENT: CANDIDATE GUIDANCE & POLICY
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
POSITION STATUS: FULL-TIME
SALARY: $55,000 - $55,000
JOB ID #: 558170
Please select a category that best fits your position.
□ Policy, Research & Analysis □ Technology, Data & Innovation □ Constituent Services & Community Programs
□ Legal Affairs □ Finance, Accounting & Procurement □ Public Safety, Inspections & Enforcement
□ Administration & Human Resources □ Social Services □ Other: ______________________________________
Start your career here at the NYC Campaign Finance Board. Click on the link to learn more about the open positions at our agency!
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN FINANCE BOARD
The New York City campaign Finance Board is a nonpartisan, independent city agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections. We are dedicated to making our local democracy more open, transparent, and equitable. We eliminate barriers to participation by providing access to the information and resources New Yorkers need to vote or run for office and reduce the corrupting influence of money in politics by enhancing the impact of New Yorkers’ small-dollar contributions.
You would be working with a staff and leadership that is mission driven and committed to continuous improvement for the staff and the public. We provide flexible work hours and environment.
ABOUT THE UNIT
Candidate Guidance and Policy (CGP) includes the Candidate Services, Candidate Policy & Communications, and Document Processing units. Together, these units help candidates, and their campaign staff navigate the Campaign Finance Program through trainings, published guidance materials, and one-on-one support.
We also administer, process, and track candidate compliance with public funds eligibility requirements such as the Certification deadline, Conflicts of Interest Board (COIB) financial disclosure and the submission of Statements of Need and Active Candidacy. We obtain and maintain candidate ballot status; review and process candidate-related documentation; and work with other CFB units to set and document candidate-related policies, procedures, and deadlines.
- Serve as a primary liaison between the CFB and candidates running for New York City office.
- Monitor and assist campaigns in preparing campaign finance disclosure reports.
- Provide one-on-one guidance to campaigns on matters of compliance with campaign finance regulations.
- Assist candidates in the process of qualifying for public matching funds.
- Prepare training and guidance materials on recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
- Conduct trainings for candidates, treasurers, campaign staff and the public.
- Teach and provide technical support for the Candidate Software for Managing and Reporting Transactions (C-SMART) database.
- Test updates to C-SMART and other CFB systems applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Public speaking experience and ability to deliver effective presentations.
- Customer-focused approach to answering questions and solving problems.
- Strong computer and internet skills with a willingness to learn new software.
- Previous experience working on political campaigns, voting rights, campaign finance reform or in a customer-focused environment preferred.
- Strong interest and background in good government advocacy, public service, and money in politics.
- Proficiency in MS Office; familiarity with video editing, e-learning, or fundraising software a plus.
- Foreign language skills a plus.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, and one year of satisfactory full-time experience relevant to the duties described above; or
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and five years of experience as described in "1" above; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to "1" above.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH NYC JOBS/EMPLOYEE SELF SERVICE (ESS) WEBSITE
- Please select the following link to apply directly to this vacancy: CANDIDATE SERVICES LIAISON
- Note that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on careers with the NYC Campaign Finance Board visit our website at https://www.nyccfb.info/to access the full listing of job opportunities and to learn more about our agency.
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
Pursuant to Department of Citywide Administrative Services Commissioner’s Directive No. 2020-20 (concerning the Recruitment of Personnel During the Covid-19 Crisis), New York City residency must be obtained within six months after Emergency Executive Order No.98 is rescinded. If that time has passed, residency must be obtained within 90 days of the start date.
The CFB is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to diversity. All individuals are encouraged to apply. If you anticipate needing any type of reasonable accommodation to apply for an employment opportunity, please contact email@example.com or (212) 409-1800.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.