Working Title: Contracts Coordinator
Job Class: State Program Administrator
Agency: Normandale Community College
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 01/30/2024
- Closing Date: 02/12/2024
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: MN St Colleges & Universities / Normandale CC-MAPE
- Division/Unit: MnSCU Normandale CC / Fiscal Services
- Appointment Type: Unlimited, Full-time
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $22.61 - $32.71 / hourly; $47,209 - $68,298 / annually
- Job Class Option: Administrative Coordinator
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
- Location: Bloomington
- FLSA Status: Nonexempt
- Telework Eligible: Yes - A flexible work schedule may be approved with up to two days remote work per week
- Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities: Yes
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you’ll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
We are a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and we seek applicants with deep connections to the cultural communities to which our students belong. We actively seek and encourage applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
The Contracts Coordinator conducts contract management work in collaboration with College Departments. This position provides technical assistance for Income Contracts, Shared Employee Agreements, Inter/Intra-Agency Agreements, and non-template purchasing contracts, e.g. agreements from vendors, license agreements, end-user license agreement (EULA). This position ensures timely contract management and renewal for software contracts, supports revenue generating activities, and ensures timely payment of invoices to vendors.
The Contracts Coordinator establishes and maintains effective working relationships with department administrators and representatives of contracted agencies in the development of procedures and resolution of contract problems. The position monitors contract processing procedures and activities, reviews contract requests and proposals, and serves in a liaison capacity between departmental staff, the provider, and legal counsel involved in the contract development and approval process. The Contracts Coordinator reports to the Director of Procurement.
This position will actively advance the college’s strategic goals, including achieving equity in educational outcomes and supporting a culturally responsive and service-oriented culture, through individual and departmental efforts.
- Two years of purchasing experience including preparing and executing contracts, leases, and general business practices.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience in Business, Accounting, Law, or a related field.
- Knowledge of contract procedures and industry practices; includes knowledge of contract law and its general application.
- Experience with purchasing software and ERP. Intermediate knowledge of personal computers and associated software, including Microsoft Office Suite.
Other Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities That We'll Be Interviewing For:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with legal representatives, administrators, staff, faulty, vendors and others.
- Ability to manage numerous projects and tasks simultaneously; and to make decisions independently.
- Strong written and oral communication skills necessary to construct written contracts, and other business documents, and effectively communicate content to end users.
- Ability and commitment to collaborate and develop effective relationships with people from diverse backgrounds and at different levels in the college.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of Minnesota State statutes, policies, and procedures applicable to purchasing, contracts, amendments, budgeting, and expenses.
- Experience with archive, retrieval systems and Workday.
- Prior experience with Minnesota State’s systems: ISRS, Marketplace, e-Builder and the State of Minnesota SWIFT system.
- Bachelor's degree or a professional credential: CPA, Paralegal, or related in business, accounting, or law.
The College regrets that it is unable to offer H-1B sponsorship at this time. The successful candidate, under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, must be available to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.
An offer for this position may be contingent upon the completion of a background check.
How to Apply
Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact John Norman at email@example.com.
To receive consideration as a Connect 700 Program applicant, apply online, email the Job ID#, the Working Title and your valid Proof of Eligibility Certificate by the closing date to John Norman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Normandale Community College
Normandale is the largest community college in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, annually serving almost 15,000 students from a diverse set of backgrounds, 42% of whom are students of color and nearly 25% are first-generation. We offer opportunities for individuals to grow, learn, and advance their careers while working for an organization that is committed to providing an inclusive and equitable space for students and employees to learn. We are passionately committed to achieving racial equity in student outcomes and in advancing cultural responsiveness in the classroom and services provided.
We are committed to continually developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our state and the populations we serve. The varied experiences and perspectives of employees strengthen the work we do together and our ability to best serve the people of Minnesota.
A recent engagement survey of State of Minnesota employees found:
- 95% of employees understand how their work helps achieve their agency’s mission
- 91% of employees feel trusted to do their jobs
- 88% of employees feel equipped to look at situations from other cultural perspectives when doing their job
- 87% of employees report flexibility in their work schedule
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life harmony. As an employee, your benefits may include:
- Public pension plan
- Training and professional development
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 paid holidays each year
- Paid parental leave
- Low-cost medical and dental coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision coverage
- Wellness programs and resources
- Employer paid life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Health care spending and savings accounts
- Dependent care spending account
- Tax-deferred compensation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Programs, resources and benefits eligibility varies based on type of employment, agency, funding availability, union/collective bargaining agreement, location, and length of service with the State of Minnesota.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor/.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minnesota State is an equal opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance is needed.