Job ID: 43774
Location: Evanston, Illinois
Department: IT AS App Dev & Ops
Develops, codes, tests, and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software. Typically works with senior staff but may coordinate smaller or less complex projects independently. Designs and implements basic technical solutions ensuring that business needs and requirements are met. Performs basic system integration tasks. Provides estimation for assigned tasks.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a major such as computer science, information technology, or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 2 years relevant experience required.
- Please see information highlighted below.
- Code Repositories (Git, Subversion)
- Linux Operating System
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Two years of hands on software design and development experience with Web technologies and Server-side programming languages such as PHP frameworks, JScript, Java and JSON
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and relational databases like Oracle, Postgres.
- Strong and understanding of version control with GitHub and passionate on continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication across varied areas including technology, business units.
- Able to collaborate, adapt and work collegially within a team environment.
- Ability to work independently, assuming start-to-finish responsibility for application development and operations.
- Strong ability to identify, assess and adapt new technology tools, frameworks and languages.
- Highly skilled, detail-oriented developer well versed in Object Oriented Programming & best practices.
- Familiarity with AWS and cloud technologies.
- Ability to critically think and understand projects from business, customer and technical perspectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems or equivalent.
- 3-4 years of application programming experience in current industry best practices of software design and software development, deployment, methodology, including structured testing.
- Experience in higher Education
To view the job posting and/or apply for the job, click here
Northwestern requires all staff and faculty to be vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exceptions. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 and Campus Updates website.
The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires, the Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands, and the Native people who remain on this land today.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Click for information on EEO is the Law.