Production TechniciansPATHEON INC
Patheon, now part of Thermo Fischer Scientific of Greenville, NC is currently looking to hire for a variety of positions in the pharmaceutical industry. They are specifically looking for Production Technicians. All positions and descriptions will be available upon application.
Greenville, NC - USA
Sets-up, operates, and maintains the classified environments and manufacturing equipment for pharmaceutical products. Requires proficiency in; cleaning and sterilizing equipment, gowning and aseptic techniques, preparing equipment and components for operations, operating and troubleshooting mechanical equipment, following approved procedures and proper documentation.
1. Ensures operations are performed in a safe and responsible manner striving to create an injury-free and incident-free workplace.
2. Ensures pharmaceutical products in manufacturing are in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and other batch related activities. Verifies and documents production activities in batch records, logbooks, etc.
3. Assists in troubleshooting operational and production problems in order to identify appropriate corrective actions.
4. Performs the disassembly, assembly, cleaning, and operation of area manufacturing equipment. Prepares equipment and components for operations. Possesses general mechanical, electrical/electronic, pneumatic, and hydraulic knowledge of pharmaceutical industry equipment.
5. Assists in the commissioning of new equipment and production areas. Assists in initial and subsequent validation of equipment and processes.
6. Maintains/cleans classified environments/areas.
7. Communicates and works to resolve any production, quality or safety issues.
8. Complies with all job-related safety, cGMP, and other department procedural requirements.
9. Participates in the On the Job (OJT) training program, area safety initiatives, and area lean manufacturing initiatives.
10. Trains new employees.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalency is required. Minimum one year of work experience in manufacturing/production required; pharmaceutical or related field preferred.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Effective verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently. Flexibility with departmental work schedules, including overtime and all shift operations. Ability to achieve and maintain qualifications to work in a cleanroom environment. Ability to drive a fork lift and other mobile equipment to locate product and equipment as needed.
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
Nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.