Philpott Ball & Werner, Inc. (“PB&W”) is seeking to hire an Office Manager.
PB&W is a private investment bank with offices in Charlotte, NC and Beverly, MA. Our services include mergers, acquisitions, company sales, fairness opinions, valuations, select private capital placements and valuations. The Company was established in 1991 and is a leading advisor in the aerospace, defense, gov’t intel and industrial market segments. PB&W clients are primarily based in the US, along with Canada, the EU and United Kingdom.
The following is a brief overview of the position that we are seeking to fill to replace our Office Manager who is retiring. We anticipate hiring an Office Manager around September 2020 that will work in coordination with our existing Office Manager to train before assuming all responsibilities. The Office Manager is responsible to supporting the following activities at PB&W, including but not limited to:
Bookkeeping & HR Functions – The office manager is responsible for:
- Bookkeeping (all under the supervision of the Company’s principals and FINOP) - Making accounting entries on a daily basis for two entities in QuickBooks. Preparing monthly financial statement reports and Expense Sharing Reports. Facilitating financial data transfer to the Company’s FINOP for Monthly and Quarterly Reports and to PB&W’s external auditors for the annual audit. Billing clients, collecting payments and processing accounts payable. Reconciling company credit cards on a monthly basis. Coordinating the filing of tax returns.
- Human Resources - Maintaining and updating key employee information and policies and procedures, coordinating and overseeing benefit plans (with third party vendor), overseeing payroll (third party vendor). Preparing expense reports for the partners. Supporting compliance with laws and regulations (in coordination with third party vendors and partners).
Other Activities – The office manager is responsible for answering the phone; coordinating office lunches in support of client or professional activities; facilitating the preparation of investment banking material including making copies of confidential information memorandums, presentations; marketing materials, conducting mailings; and ordering and keeping track of office supplies as required in support of the business.
Compliance – The office manager also supports the Chief Compliance Officer. Tasks would include internal and FINRA compliance activities such as maintaining and updating hard copy and electronic records, coordinating annual compliance meetings and supporting the partners and third party vendors in completing Anti-Money Laundering and Supervisory Controls Testing.
Compensation level is expected to be competitive and will comprise salary, annual bonus based upon individual performance, effort and company performance. PB&W offers competitive benefit plans to include health care, dental and a 401K/Profit Sharing plan.
Other: PB&W is a private investment bank and all client and employee information is strictly confidential. PB&W requires all employees to adhere to its Policies and regulatory obligations of FINRA and the Security and Exchange Commission. All employees will be required to execute confidentiality agreements and are subject to background checks, fingerprinting and drug testing. PB&W is a member company of FINRA and SIPC.
For More Information about PB&W, please visit our web site at www.pbandw.com.
- Interested candidates should apply not to forward a resume.
- Selected candidates will be contacted by Ted Werner or Nick Berry either by email or by phone.
- Such candidates may be initially asked to conduct a phone interview (Zoom) to be followed by a second
round interview at PB&W’s offices.
*This process may be modified by PB&W at any stage of the process and PB&W is under no obligation to hire any of the candidates.