Mohs HistotechPinehurst Surgical Clinic
Pinehurst, NC Full-time
Posted on April 26, 2019
Histotechnologist for Mohs Surgery Department
Competitive salary, full benefits & excellent bonus potential, and 401k!
The Histotech will perform all aspects of routine histology and MOHS frozen sectioning. These include, but are not limited to, specimen and slide preparation, special staining and IHC staining.
1. High school or college graduate with appropriate laboratory training and credentials.
2. Graduation from medical vocational program with Certification.
3. Current CPR Certification.
4. Minimum two years’ experience in laboratory environment.
5. Certification by American Society of Clinical Pathology and State of employment.
1. Ability to relate sensitively to patients needs
2. Maintains confidentiality
3. Ability to establish credibility with physicians, staff, and patients
4. Ability to function as a part of a team and promote teamwork required
5. Must be mature and demonstrate good judgment.
6. Must present a professional image.
Accountable to the Mohs Surgery Manager
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so classified.
1. Responsible for performing frozen tissue sections and staining using the Mohs technique
as requested by physician.
a. Logging and numbering of patient specimens in patient log book
b. Grossing, embedding, cutting, staining, cover-slipping, labeling slides
2. Responsible for keeping laboratory in good and functioning order (cryostat, etc.)
a. Maintenance of equipment
b. Responsible for lab compliance manuals and logs
c. Prepare laboratory requisitions forms as needed and inventory and order supplies.
3. Responsible for preparation and maintenance of laboratory including:
a. Stocking supplies, organizing shelves and drawers, daily cleaning of counters and
b. Sterilizing laboratory equipment, glassware and instruments.
c. Maintaining and cleaning cryostats, cutting board, utensils, stains and dishes.
1. Responsible for assuring laboratory is in compliance with CLIA under physician’s
2. Responsible for assuring working environment is consistent with OSHA regulations.
3. Maintain manuals and logs including MSDS Log, Quality Assurance Log, Quality Control
4. Maintenance Manual, Histology and Mohs Lab Manual, Patient Log Book
5. Maintain slides for proficiency test records, sending to appropriate testing facilities as
1. Assist in general housekeeping duties including cleaning of laboratory, equipment and utensils.
2. Responsible for filing as requested by physician.
3. Responsible for staying up-to-date on current trends that affect laboratory operation.
4. Responsible for maintaining updated records on all pertinent areas that affect the
5. Must attend all staff meetings and scheduled in-service training programs.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Work for a reputable multi-specialty surgical clinic located in beautiful Pinehurst, NC!