Physical Plant Supervisor
* This position was previously announced under Job ID 66550 from 08/30/2023-09/19/2023 and is being re-announced for additional applications.
** If you applied to that job posting, you will need to reapply in order to be considered for this position.
Riverland Community College welcomes applications for the unlimited full-time position as Physical Plant Supervisor assignment from individuals who are passionate about helping students succeed. We are committed to supporting diversity in all forms. Applicants representing diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Working Title: Physical Plant Supervisor
Classification: 003464, Physical Plant Supervisor
- Full Time, Unlimited
- MMA bargaining unit
Location: Austin, MN
Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Pay Range: $29.33 - $42.55 hourly
Deadline to apply: 08/30/2023 - 09/19/2023
Position Purpose: Provide leadership to six (6) employees. Directly responsible for the services they render to repair and maintain the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing equipment, building care, services, and cleanliness, along with the roads and grounds in four buildings in three cities, Austin, Albert Lea, and Owatonna. This position provides for the proper administration and management of the college’s construction projects, equipment and supply purchasing and grounds maintenance. This position formulates and prepares an operational budget for the activities under its supervision.
NOTE: A detailed job description is available upon request, email email@example.com
Resume must reflect all minimum qualifications. Please enter your experience in chronological order, including the month and year of employment.
- A minimum of five (5) years of recent experience in facilities management or construction management, including developing and managing budgets.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience supervising maintenance staff.
- Knowledge of construction codes (building, plumbing, fire safety, electrical, OSHA) and construction public safety requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively using verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a valid Minnesota driver’s license.
- Knowledge of Minnesota State System contracts, processes, and building standards.
- Two-year diploma or degree in a facilities management related field.
- Previous experience working in a union bargaining environment.
- First Class C Boiler Operator License.
- Knowledge of HVAC and Building energy management systems.
Minnesota State is unable to sponsor Applicants for work visas. All Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Application Procedure: Please apply online at https://www.mn.gov/mmb/careers Search for Job ID 69022. A complete online application will include a letter of interest and resume/curriculum vitae. Please note that incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee. Deadline to Apply: 09/19/2023.
Riverland Community College, a member of Minnesota State, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Programs accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, ncahlc.org. Copyright © 2018 Riverland Community College. All rights reserved.