Insurance SpecialistRMP a Meduit RCM Company
Meduit Insurance Specialist
If making a difference in the effectiveness of healthcare delivery appeals to you and you are looking to be part of a growing, successful company, please see below and apply now.
At Meduit, Insurance follow-up representatives work with our clients, hospital systems and physician groups to ensure these healthcare providers are receiving the reimbursements they are due. This helps to ensure the financial strength of these organizations and allows them to focus more time on patient care and the patient experience, and not on payments.
Location: Charlotte, NC; Waco, TX; Greensburg, IN; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Phoenix, AZ
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: At least 1 year or equivalent education qualifications
Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
Insurance Follow-up Representative:
Are responsible for hospital and physician billing. Duties include working with payers to resolve issues and facilitate prompt payment of claims. Thorough knowledge and understanding of patient billing, claims submission, and payer specific requirements is a must. This position is highly focused on the resolution of insurance processing errors and denials. Payers include but are not limited to Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross, and commercial health insurance carriers.
Specific duties/skills include:
- Must have experience in billing, reimbursement and follow up within a physician or hospital environment with a proven track record of success.
- Calling insurance companies when necessary to find out why a claim is rejecting and follow through by correcting information and resubmitting the claim for payment.
- Contacting patients when necessary to obtain correct information to resolve issues for a prompt payment.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong problem solving and research skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and coding.
- Familiarity with insurance explanations of benefits and denial codes.
- EMR software, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- High school diploma and at least one-year experience or other appropriate educational credentials
- Medical Billing/Follow up experience required.
- Customer service experience required.
- Experience in client billing system is preferred.
- Medicare / Medicaid and commercial payor experience preferred.