Director of Stewardship & Donor Relations
Incumbent will be responsible for providing leadership for the planning, development, coordination and implementation of a comprehensive stewardship program. The incumbent will be responsible for essentially creating and managing a personalized stewardship program for all leadership gift and major gift donors to the campaign. Accordingly, the incumbent will work with major gifts staff to devise personal stewardship plans for individual donors starting at the million dollar level and above but working through the six figure donors as well. In addition, this position will devise a menu of programmatic initiatives such as recognition societies for six and seven figure donors, the design of publications and stewardship reports for those donors and customized, one-off events like building/room dedications, chair inaugurations and the like.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In partnership with the Management Team, create a personalized stewardship program for all leadership gift ($1M and above) and major gift ($100,000 and above) donors to the campaign.
- Provide leadership for the planning, development, coordination and implementation of all strategies relating to the stewardship, particularly of major gift prospects.
- Devise personal stewardship plans for individual major gift donors. Strategies will need to be well coordinated with major gift staff.
- Devise a myriad of programmatic initiatives as a means to provide ongoing stewardship, including high level recognition societies, institution of leadership and major gift reports and publications and customized special events.
- Oversee the acknowledgement processes to ensure timely receipting and acknowledgement of gifts made at all levels.
- By definition this position will work closely with special events, communications and major gifts staff.
- Oversees the planning and implementation of special events outside those that are designed for stewardship
- Staff special events when needed
- Oversees stewardship budget
- Integral member of the Campaign Kick Off planning and implementation group
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
- Standing, Computer literacy required. Evening/weekend hours required periodically (especially during academic year). Some travel required.
- BA required.
Progressively responsible experience in fundraising in a college/university setting essential.
- A background in major gifts fundraising and a first hand knowledge of coordinating special events is critical.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective relationships with major donors and prospects essential as are excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Masters preferred
On-line applications only. Please provide a letter of application/interest and resume. For a complete description of position responsibilities, qualifications, and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.sju.edu/postings/19015.
Saint Joseph's University is a private, Catholic, and Jesuit institution and expects members of its community to be knowledgeable about its mission and make positive contributions to that mission. Saint Joseph's is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce.