RECRUITING PROFESSIONALSSamaritan's Purse
Operation Christmas Child is a dynamic, fast-paced ministry of Samaritan's Purse that transforms lives around the world through the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ though a simple shoebox gift. Don’t miss this opportunity to be a part of a global organization that is reaching children and families for Christ! We have an exciting opportunity for several experienced full-time, temporary Recruiting Professionals for the Operation Christmas Child Processing Center in Charlotte, NC to join our Human Resources department. These associates will work in a team environment and will be responsible for working as part of full life-cycle recruiting - sourcing, screening, qualifying and closing positions while maintaining a pipeline of ready-to-hire candidates throughout the project. This seasonal role will run from August to December. This will be a full-time seasonal role with opportunity for overtime.
- Ensures a continuous flow of “ready to hire” job candidates.
- Makes daily pre-screening calls to applicants to pre-qualify for interviews.
- Conducts interviews, determines qualifications, hires qualified applicants or refers applicants to a more appropriate department.
- Verifies that reference checks, pastoral references, background checks and Christian testimony meet hiring criteria.
- Schedules new hires for orientation and report-to work dates.
- Ensures that all required new-hire paperwork is completed prior to report-to-work date.
- Work as directed to complete reporting and assigned special projects.
- Is knowledgeable of, and works within, all established hiring policies and processes.
- Maintains a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
Consideration will be given to qualified candidates with the most suitable combination of the following characteristics:
- Two to three years of hands-on, high volume recruiting or staffing experience.
- In-depth sourcing, screening, interviewing and assessment skills.
- Working knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Solid computer skills and experience with Applicant Tracking Systems – Exceptional MS Word experience is highly desired.
- Ability to remain focused & on task under fast paced, rapidly changing conditions.
- Ability to follow a structured process & keep accurate, organized records.
- Strong work ethic, high level of self-motivation.
- Commitment, integrity, flexibility and the ability to work as a team.
- Willingness to serve others and model a Christian lifestyle.