Director of Plant OperationsSt. Joseph of the Pines
Director of Plant Operations
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina
We at St. Joseph of the Pines are proud to serve the older adults of the North Carolina Sandhills with a broad range of lifestyle and health choices for seniors. We offer a full aging service network with life plan communities, health care and home- and community-based services for older adults, as well as community outreach to those in need, that is unrivaled in the beautiful Sandhills region of North Carolina.
The Director of Plant Operations is a senior management level position which is responsible for planning, organizing, and supervising the daily operations of the Plant Operations Department, which serves the entire St. Joseph of the Pines campus. As the leader of an interdependent team of skilled and caring people, the Director of Plant Operations must act in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and will be required by the President to ensure that the highest quality services are maintained at all times.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supervising the day-to-day maintenance buildings and grounds functions of assigned personnel
• Developing and implementing facility maintenance standards and procedures for performing daily maintenance tasks
• Scheduling work assignments and preparing work schedules
• Completing any necessary reports, forms, etc. as required or requested by the President
• Developing relationships with vendors and contractors to utilize as necessary and completing regular rounds to identify potential areas for improvement
• Preparing an annual operating budget for approval and allocating the resources to carry out programs and activities of the facility
• Assisting in the recruitment and selection of facility personnel and ensure that an adequate number of appropriately trained personnel are on duty at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
Education and Experience Required:
• A minimum of high school diploma is required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Must have five years minimum successful experience in a supervisory capacity in maintenance
• Experience with repair of buildings, plumbing, electrical systems, alarm systems, appliances, household and commercial stoves, refrigerators, air-conditioning and heating units.
• Some general construction experience helpful.
• Candidates best suited for this position must possess strong project management skills