License Practical Nurse (LPN) and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs)
Top Notch Nursing & Home Care is seeking LPNs and CNAs to work in a long term care setting.
These are great opportunities in Mecklenburg, Gaston, and Lincoln counties.
CPR certification, Drug screen & TB test required for all positions.
LPNs: We are offering a SIGN-ON BONUS to Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs)
The ideal candidate will hold a current LPN license and possess 1 or more years of experience.
Licensed Practical Nurses assist medical staff in caring for patients. Responsibilities include:
- Monitor patient’s vitals and record them in their file
- Maintain the cleanliness and comfort of each patient, including bathing, feeding and dressing
- Assist nursing and medical staff with basic medical tasks, such as administering medication
- Update patient records in a confidential manner
- Evaluate the patient’s wellbeing, reporting any needs to medical staff
- Explain treatments and procedures to patients and families
- Change dressings and bandages, ensuring patients are healing properly
- Move patients from wheelchairs, beds and gurneys
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) - CNAs assist patients with daily activities and while some CNAs have additional responsibilities, such as administering medication, the core functions on the job include:
- Bathe and dress patients
- Serve meals and help patients eat
- Take vital signs
- Turn or reposition patients who are bedridden
- Collect information about conditions and treatment plans from caregivers, nurses and doctors
- Provide and empty bedpans
- Lift patients into beds, wheelchairs, exam tables, etc.
- Answer patient calls
- Examine patients for bruises, blood in urine or other injuries/wounds
- Clean and sanitize patient areas
- Change bed sheets and restock rooms with necessary supplies