Land Development Bond AdministratorTown of Huntersville
- Job Vacancy -
Position Title: Land Development Bond Administrator
Department: Engineering & Public Works
Salary Range: DOE/Q
Posting Date: February 2019
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Description of Work:
Position will serve as Land Development Bond Administrator under general supervision of the Director of Engineering & Public Works. The position will serve as a land development specialist and is expected to work very closely with Engineering staff, Land Development staff and other inspectors in the performance of all duties.
Essential Duties, Skills, and Demands of the Position:
- Coordinates the posting, renewal and release of land development infrastructure bonds.
- Prepares detailed cost estimates for infrastructure improvements.
- Reviews subdivision record plats for compliance with local and NC General Statutes.
- Performs site inspections to evaluate amount of work complete and remaining work.
- Prepares detailed reports and initiates enforcement actions when necessary.
- Prepares mailings and remains in constant contact with development community and bonding agencies providing scheduling reminders and coordination.
- Perform other duties as apparent or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of State and Local regulations and ordinances governing land development and land disturbing activities.
- Skill in interpreting and applying technical standards and procedures, Federal and State rules and regulations, and Town policies and procedures.
- Skill in reading and evaluating construction documents and technical specifications, collecting and analyzing data, and performing mathematical and statistical calculations.
- Must be extremely organized and able to independently manage time sensitive documents and processes.
- Ability to set up and use databases, spreadsheets, and word processing software (Microsoft Office).
- Ability to work independently and confidentially when necessary, applying established procedures to varying situations.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare and present technical reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Town officials, other public officials and representatives, associates, developers and the general public.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of infrastructure bonding is preferred.
- Both pre-employment drug testing and background check will be required.
Training and Experience Requirements
- Associates Degree in Engineering, Construction, Surveying, or Real Estate field preferred.
- Three or more years’ of progressively responsible experience in land development field
- Possession of an appropriate driver license valid in the State of North Carolina.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a Town of Huntersville application; resume may be attached to the contact person Candice Tatu - Executive Assistant. Resume will not be accepted in lieu of completing Town of Huntersville application.
Town of Huntersville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.