Land Development Roadway InspectorTown of Huntersville
- Job Vacancy -
Position Title: Land Development Roadway Inspector
Department: Engineering & Public Works
Salary Range: DOE/Q
Posting Date: February 2019
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Description of Work:
Position will serve as Land Development Roadway Inspector with emphasis on Roadway Inspections under general supervision of the Director of Engineering & Public Works. The position will serve as a field inspector and is expected to work closely with Engineering staff, Land Development staff and other inspectors in the performance of all duties.
Essential Duties, Skills, and Demands of the Position:
- Inspects construction and development sites for conformance of roadways, sidewalks, curb/gutter, storm system etc. with approved construction documents and applicable Town Engineering and construction standards.
- Rejects defective work and advises developers and contractors of necessary corrective actions.
- Perform technical and investigative work involving the enforcement of various codes and regulations in order to protect public health, safety and the environment.
- Performs inspections for compliance with Land Development and Zoning standards.
- Prepares detailed reports and initiates enforcement actions when necessary.
- Conducts pre-construction meetings and works closely with contractors and the development community.
- Responds to citizen inquiries and complaints regarding Roadways and development projects when needed.
- Perform other duties as apparent or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of State and Local regulations and ordinances governing land development and land disturbing activities.
- Skill in interpreting and applying technical standards and procedures, Federal and State rules and regulations, and Town policies and procedures.
- Skill in reading and evaluating construction documents and technical specifications, collecting and analyzing data, and performing mathematical and statistical alculations.
- Ability to set up and use databases, spreadsheets, and word processing software (Microsoft Office).
- Ability to work independently and confidentially when necessary, applying established procedures to varying situations.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare and present technical reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Town officials, other public officials and representatives, associates, contractors and the general public.
- Ability to work in the field in all weather conditions, often walking extended distances over rough terrain.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- Both pre-employment drug testing and background check will be required.
Training and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in scientific field preferred.
- Two or more years’ experience in field construction inspections, specifically roadways
- Possession of an appropriate driver license valid in the State of North Carolina.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a Town of Huntersville application; resume may be attached to the contact person Candice Tatu - Executive Assistant. Resume will not be accepted in lieu of completing Town of Huntersville application.
Town of Huntersville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.