Controls - ElectricianTriangle Brick Company
Duties include: Maintaining, Installation and upgrade of Plant Electrical/Electronic equipment. Assist in the repairs of equipment not related to electrical equipment as needed
Requirements: HS Diploma or equivalent / Technology graduate; Computer literate (Word, Excel) Ability to establish priorities and work independently with little supervision.
Skills and Abilities
- Communicate clearly with management and fellow Team members
- Install and repair electrical systems, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment by following electrical code, using manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications by using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment, such as robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers, following electrical code and blueprints, using hand tools and electrical test equipment.
- Connect power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connect cables and wires between machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, and blueprints, using hand tools and test equipment.
- Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, switches and lighting fixtures, using test equipment, and replace damaged or broken wires and cables, using hand tools.
- Test malfunctioning machinery, using test equipment, and discuss malfunction with other maintenance workers, department supervisors, maintenance supervisor, and machinists.
- Replace faulty electrical components of machine, such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices, using hand tools.
- Diagnose and repair or replace faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards, using electronic test equipment and hand tools.
- Replace electric motor bearings and rewire motors.
- Troubleshoot robots and their controllers, using teach pendant, alarm lists, manuals and schematics as well as technical support when needed.
- Use computer and software to program automated machinery, such as robots, variable frequency drives, servo drives, PLCs and operator interfaces.
- Operate automated machinery, to test for malfunctions, and to verify repairs.
- Plan layout of wiring and install wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings and on machinery.
- Diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance work orders in a timely manor
- Maintain cleanliness in the work areas and return them to service in as good or better condition than when started.
- Secure all tools at the end of each assignment and shift.
- Secure all tool cabinets, mobile equipment, keys and buildings before leaving site.
- Establish organization of all hand and power tools and maintain at that level
Identify broken or faulty hand and power tools and repair or notify supervisor of needs
- Communicate with supervisor need for parts to complete an assignment
- Perform assignments in the order prioritized by supervisor
- Return to work when failures or breakdown requires
- Follow up on previous assignments to be sure problem is resolved
- This position includes but is not limited to these responsibilities
We offer: Competitive salary based on experience, yearly increases.
Benefits include: Vacation, 401(k) Plan, Rich Health Plan(s), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short/Long Term DBL, Shoe Program and Christmas Bonus.