Packaging SupervisorTriangle Brick Company
General Summary: We are looking for someone with a positive, can-do attitude and someone who will do what it takes to keep production running! Manage, supervise and execute maintenance as well as support activities 24/7 by assisting (Brick Making Operation). The ideal candidate will possess experience in managing employees on a (Day to Day) in a manufacturing environment to meet our production needs and coronate proactive and reactive maintenance tasks on the packaging equipment including planning and scheduling. Ensure that all work is performed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Supervise and provide support for day to day activities of the Packaging Department personnel.
- Meet Production requirements each week.
- Generate work orders, track progress and follow up as needed.
- Gain a working understanding of the Packaging Equipment and the Brick Making Operation.
- Work with packaging personnel and maintenance personnel to ensure the packaging equipment is operating safely and efficiently. And to drive continuous improvement and ensure a safe work environment.
- Administer the consistent and equitable application of company policies.
- Being on call and available to report back to work if needed to obtain weekly production.
- Order parts as needed for completion of maintenance tasks.
- Ensure all repairs and maintenance to equipment are completed in a safe efficient manner.
- Develops a weekly maintenance work schedule.
- Inspection of equipment as to proper operation.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform work as directed by Plant Management.
- Work Overtime as necessary.
- Must have dependable Transportation to and from work.
- Participate in Team Problem solving exercises.
- PLC knowledge would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of Hydraulics, Pneumatics, and Electricity.
- Must have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Computer skills and ability to generate and present reports.
- Working knowledge of OSHA.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Safety of yourself and other Team Members
- Maintain equipment cleanliness.
- Cleanliness and organization of the packaging department.
- Improve employee's skills through effective training.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to equipment and processes.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance tasks
- Assist in Repair of equipment.
Job Requirements High School Diploma or equivalent is required. College or Technical degree preferred.
Experience: 5 years of experience as a supervisor or lead man.