Office of Marketing & Communications
The University of New Haven, founded on the Yale campus in 1920, is a private, coeducational university that has been recognized by The Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report for academic excellence. Located between New York City a6nd Boston in the shoreline city of West Haven, the University is a diverse and vibrant community of nearly 7,000 students from across the globe.
Within the University of New Haven’s colleges and schools, students immerse themselves in a transformative, career-focused education across engineering, health sciences and healthcare, business, law enforcement and public service, the liberal arts and sciences, and the fine arts.
More than 100 academic programs are offered, all grounded in a longstanding commitment to collaborative, interdisciplinary, project-based learning. The University of New Haven ranks among the top universities in the Northeast and boasts nationally ranked programs in a number of majors across business, criminal justice, health sciences, engineering, cybersecurity, forensic science, and the liberal arts and sciences.
Here, the experience of learning is both personal and pragmatic, guided by a distinguished faculty who care deeply about individual student success. As leaders in their fields, faculty members provide the inspiration and recognition needed for students to fulfill their potential and succeed at whatever they choose to do.
Under the leadership of President Steven H. Kaplan, who was named the sixth president in 2004, the University has experienced significant growth — both in enrollment and in the expansion of the University’s West Haven campus. Full-time undergraduate enrollment has more than doubled, and first-year applications have nearly quadrupled.
Over the last decade, the University has completed more than $300 million in major capital projects while launching 26 new academic programs. The University has also added campuses in Tuscany, Italy, and Orange, Conn.
For more background on the University of New Haven please visit: www.newhaven.edu
The University of New Haven: Campus tour given by students and an overview message from President Steve Kaplan.
The Marketing copywriter will reside in the Office of Marketing & Communications and report to the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications. This position supports the University’s institutional and enrollment-based marketing efforts by providing overall copywriting and content support to the Marketing & Communications Department. The marketing copywriter is charged with creating engaging and intentional copy across various platforms for both internal and external audiences.
- Write and edit copy and content across all channels, including marketing collateral such as enrollment related brochures, invites, and viewbooks, digital and print advertising, social media and web content as it relates to enrollment
- Interview and work closely with faculty and staff on print and digital content. Gain approvals from multiple departments when needed
- Write brilliant and engaging headlines for advertising campaigns. Write copy for related landing pages and follow up email communications
- Maintain and suggest edits to editorial guide
- Craft messaging that appeals to prospective high school and graduate students along with their families
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications, and the AVP in order to meet the marketing needs and mission of the University
- Help with marketing and communications department projects and goals as needed
- Provide support to student workers as needed
- Support overall institutional goals by serving on university committees as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Proven ability to thrive in a high-energy environment, managing tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Ability to tailor the style of writing to reflect the university’s voice and tone
- Experience with creating, writing, editing, and posting content to websites, social media, and/or email campaigns.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and professionalism to interact with a wide range of people at different levels of an organization.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, with demonstrated ability to assess complex situations and facilitate solutions in a collaborative manner
- Detail-oriented, with excellent spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills
- Experience with writing video scripts is a plus
- Ability to travel and represent the University when necessary
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing, communications, or related field.
- 3-5 years of writing and editing skills in a higher education, marketing/advertising agency, or similar environment.
- Ability to travel on behalf of the University
- Valid driver’s license
- Fully vaccinated
University of New Haven Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging Vision
The University of New Haven is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a diverse institution which celebrates, respects, and values individuals of all social identities. We believe that as members of the university community, our socio‐cultural differences ignite intellectual growth and foster a culture of understanding that embraces our ever‐changing society.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you have the qualifications we are looking for and are interested in working for an institution where the experience of learning is both personal and pragmatic and one that is guided by a distinguished faculty who care deeply about individual student success, we want to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references, all of which will remain confidential, through this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/109256
If you have any issues with this submittal, please contact us at HRDept@newhaven.edu.
It is mandatory that UNH employees abide by all pre-determined Covid related policies and procedures.