The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is seeking applications for a Program Coordinator for the Dean of Students Department. This is a full-time, permanent staff position.
Salary: $40,165 - $46,000
Primary Purpose of Position: This position provides primary administrative and programmatic support to the Office of Identity, Equity, and Engagement which provides students with an affirming/equitable environment committed to fostering a campus community that celebrates and supports expansion of identities through holistic development, education and intentional engagement services.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Essential Job Duties: The Program Coordinator for the Office of Identity, Equity and Engagement (IEE) is responsible for coordinating programs, resources and support for students with historically marginalized identities. The Program Coordinator supports programmatic and financial functions and serves as an office manager for the office. The Program Coordinator also manages training and oversight for student employees who assist with the daily operations of IEE space(s).
Primary responsibilities of the Program Coordinator for the Office of Identity, Equity and Engagement include the following:
- Oversee operations of the primary office suite and other locations associated with IEE;
- Coordinate training and oversight of student employees tasked with office coverage;
- Track office budget expenses, including travel expenses and purchasing;
- Maintain knowledge of financial procedures including travel, purchasing and purchasing card and attend training as needed for compliance;
- Coordinate weekly office newsletter creation and distribution;
- Manage office social media account(s) to promote events and programs;
- Manage and edit IEE website with updated information about staffing, programs, and services;
- Coordinate Cultural Heritage Month programming calendar in collaboration with staff;
- Manage administrative process and documentation for LGBTQ student emergency fund requests utilizing Maxient software system;
- Coordinate recruitment and hiring process for student workers, work study and graduate assistants.
Preferred Qualifications: Graduation from a four-year college or university and two years of administrative or office management experience in the student services or related field; or equivalent.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Salary and benefits are competitive; interested individuals should apply online at https://jobs.charlotte.edu. Search for SHRA job #000816. Applicants are subject to background checks.
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and an ADVANCE Institution that strives to create an academic climate in which the dignity of all individuals is respected and maintained. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.