Accounts Payable Manager-Finance Manager
Accounts Payable Manager – Finance Manager
Are you an experienced and detail-oriented professional with a passion for managing financial operations? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and possess a keen eye for accuracy and efficiency? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! The University of Virginia’s Finance organization is seeking a highly skilled and dedicated Accounts Payable Manager to join our finance team and oversee aspects of the accounts payable function. Reporting to the Director of Financial Disbursements, the Accounts Payable Manager plays a pivotal role in supporting and investing in team members growth and success.
The University of Virginia seeks interest from candidates meeting the following job qualifications:
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Seven years of full-cycle Accounts Payable experience to end Knowledgeable of end-to-end processing requirements for processing invoices and recording payments, including purchase order and non-purchase order accounts payable processing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. 11 years of relevant/finance experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Strong verbal and written communication and ability to connect and build relationships with stakeholders
- Proficient in using ERP systems
- Ability to work autonomously balancing multiple projects
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Willing and able to coach and develop others
- Collaborative mindset with strength in effectively receiving and communicating feedback
- Strong knowledge of accounts payable processes, financial principles, and relevant regulations.
- 3+ years experience leading and overseeing a high-functioning Accounts Payable team
- Highly Organized along with a strong attention to detail
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Salesforce experience
- Workday/ERP Financial System experience
- Higher Education Accounts Payable experience
- Creative and innovative
- 5+ years experience leading and overseeing a high-functioning Accounts Payable team
- Annual 1099 preparation experience
- Experience in high-volume, fast-paced working environments
- High critical thinking skills
- Flexible and amenable to adjusting as needed in an ever-changing environment
This position will remain open until filled. This is an Exempt level, benefited position. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Daniel Strong, Senior Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply:
Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration, please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box.
Process for External Applicants: Please apply through Workday, and search for ‘R0050125'. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).
Process for Internal UVA Applicants: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs,” and search for ‘R0050125.’ Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).
Education: Bachelor's degree in relevant subject
Experience: At least seven years of experience in a financial discipline, likely with supervisory experience. 11 years of relevant/finance experience accepted in lieu of degree.
Licensure: May hold CPA or other advanced financial certification.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.