Western Piedmont Community College is seeking to fill the following position: Career Coach
Are you looking for a meaningful career impacting the lives of students in Burke County? Join Western Piedmont Community College’s Student Services team. We are looking for an individual dedicated to student success who will develop rapport with high school students to help them achieve their postsecondary and career goals through resources available at Western Piedmont Community College.
Under the supervision of the College Liaison for Western Piedmont Community College and Burke County Public Schools, the Career Coach will work in one or more of the five local high schools to help high school students define their career aspirations and to explore community college and other postsecondary programs, including work force training, that can help students achieve their educational, career, and financial goals. The overarching goal of the Career Coach is to help high school students see their high school education as the beginning, not the completion, of their educational journey, empower students to make informed decisions about their career and educational plans, and prepare them for success in postsecondary educational training. This position is grant funded.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with course work in Counseling, Student Development, Higher Education or a related discipline required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with students in an educational setting within the past 5 years, two years preferred.
- Industry-related career development work experience in business, industry, or labor; or as a coordinator of work-based learning (job-shadowing, internships, cooperative education, apprenticeships); or as a career/academic advisor; or in school.
- Excellent computer skills including spreadsheets, word-processing, and windows based applications preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations within and external to the College
Salary: Hiring Range – Minimum to Midpoint ($2,843 – 3,554/monthly)
Application Procedure: Applications must be submitted online at https://wpcc.peopleadmin.com/.
Proposed Hire Date: July 01, 2022
For First Consideration, Applications Must Be Received By: May 20, 2022
For More Information Contact:
Ms. Anita Berry, Benefit/Recruitment Specialist
Western Piedmont Community College
1001 Burkemont Avenue
Morganton, NC 28655
EOE/M/F/D/V - Western Piedmont Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values and encourages campus diversity in students, faculty, and staff.