CAREER COACHWestern Piedmont Community College
Under the supervision of the Director of Enrollment Management, the Career Coach will be placed in the five local high schools to help high school students define their career aspirations and to explore community college and other postsecondary programs, including workforce training, that can help students achieve their educational, career, and financial goals. The overarching goal of the Career Coach is to help high school students see their high school education as the beginning, not the completion, of their educational journey, empower students to make informed decisions about their career and educational plans, and prepare them for success in post-secondary educational training
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with course work in Counseling, Student Development, Higher Education or a related discipline required.
2. Master’s degree preferred.
3. Minimum of 1 year of experience working with students in an educational setting, two years preferred.
4. Formal training or experience which has provided knowledge of the mission of the community college and higher education.
5. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations within and external to the College.
6. Excellent computer skills including spreadsheets, word processing, and window-based applications preferred.
7. Valid NC Driver’s License.
Physical Demands – No substantial physical activity required. The functions of the job are usually performed sitting, but may involve some amount of stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting up to 25 lbs (packages), walking, carrying, and other movements may be required. Tasks such as working at a computer keyboard may involve extensive wrist and hand movements. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without a significant risk of injury to themselves or others, or to otherwise demonstrate or explain how they can perform the essential functions listed above.
Salary: Hiring Range – Minimum to Midpoint ($2,843 – 3,554/monthly).
Proposed Hire Date: December 1, 2017
For first consideration, applications must be received by: November 2, 2017
Application Procedure: Applications must be submitted online at https://wpcc.peopleadmin.com/.
For more information contact:
Ms. Anita Berry
Benefit Recruitment Specialist
1001 Burkemont Ave
Morganton, NC 28655
Western Piedmont Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values and encourages campus diversity in students, faculty, and staff