Position: Success Coach
Proposed Hire Date: December 01, 2023
For First Consideration, Applications Must Be Received By: November 19, 2023
Brief Description of Position: This is a grant-funded position until September 30, 2028. Position may be eligible for continuation, contingent upon available funds.
Under the direction of the Director of Advising, the Success Coach will help support the overall mission and strategic plan of the college. The Success Coach will serve as the primary support person for curriculum students on the Success Coach’s caseload. The coach will regularly communicate with students and related faculty to ensure the marketing, retention, completion and post completion success of all students.? Reach out to prospective students.
? Conduct intake interviews with prospective students, furnish information on programs of study and college resources and assist with entrance requirements.
? Regularly communicate with and support enrolled students to address barriers they may be encountering and connect students with the necessary resources.
? Serve as point of contact and support for students and faculty as needed.
? Manage caseload of students and responsible for maintaining communication with each student.
? Maintain records of students assisted and services provided.
? Responsible for using retention software to monitor and address alerts initiated by staff, faculty, or automated, and provide support as needed.
? Assist with data collection as required.
? Participate in community, high school, outside agency, and college events as appropriate.
? Other duties as assigned by Director of Advising.
1. Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Strong technology skills and attention to detail required.
3. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
4. Two years of human services, coaching, or advising preferred.
5. Ability to develop rapport with students and to support students as they pursue their goals preferred.
6. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations within and external to the College preferred.
7. Knowledge of and dedication to the mission of the community college and higher education preferred.
Salary: Hiring Range – Minimum to Midpoint ($2,929 – 3,661/monthly)